Ch: 3 Origin

Marshall~6 1/2      Gumball(Barnaby)~6
Alone on a swing, in Kingdom County Park, sits a crying 5 year old Barnaby. His mom and dad too busy fighting to remember their 5 year old son's 6th birthday, his older sister Bonnabell left for her boyfriend's house as soon as their dad started yelling, with not even as much as a goodbye to him.
~~~-Marshall- 3rd person Pov~~~
Marshall walks into Kingdom County Park with his older sister, Marceline.
"Celine, imma go slide!" Marshall says with a giggle then runs off towards the play ground. Marceline just laughs and shouts "Alright. No talking to strange adults!" after him then goes to sit on a bench and read her book.
After sliding down the slide a couple of times Marshall decides he wants to swing so he goes over and sits on one of the two swings. As he goes to start swinging he hears quiet sobs. He turns to the other swing and sees a blond boy (A/N: Yes I'm making GB a natural blond deal with it!) crying, wanting to comfort the boy, for some unknown reason, he says "Hey, are you okay? Why are you crying?" He says to the blond haired boy. After a moment of hesitation
"M-my mommy -hic- and Daddy are -hic- fighting again -hic- and to-today is my birthday, t-they forgot it" the blond boy says then breaks down again. Panicking Marshall stands and hugs the boy, surprisingly the boy hugs back crying into Marshall's shoulder.
"Shh, it's okay... Shh, shhh" Marshall, who is a couple of inches taller then the crying boy, whispers into the boys hair.

After about five minutes of crying into Marshall's shoulder and Marshall whispering soothing things to the boy, he calms down and stops crying. They move to the ground with their backs against the play castle, Marshall's arm around the boy.
"My name is Marshall I'm 6 and a half, You want some Bubble gum?" Marshall tells the boy pulling a bag with gum balls in it out of his pocket. The boy looks up at him then at the gum.
"I've never had Bubble gum before, mommy says sugar is bad for you. And I'm... Barnaby. I'm 6 today" he says embarrassed by his own name. Marshall's jaw drops at the discovery that the boy, who he has now learned is named Barnaby, has never had Bubble gum before.
"You've never had bubble gum! You've got to try it! It's the best. Just don't swallow it." Marshall says exited that he gets to show his new friend the wonders of bubble gum. Marshall grabs a gum ball out of the bag and hands it to Barnaby who looks at it then to Marshall who nods excitedly encouraging him to try it. Hesitantly Barnaby puts it in his mouth and bites down. His face freezes with slight shock which scares Marshall, then his whole body relaxes and he smiles as he chews the gum. When Marshall see's Barnaby's smile he feels tingles in his belly, which confuses him, but before he could address his confusion, or the tingles, Barnaby practically yells
"This is so YUMMY! Can I have some more, pleeeaaaseee, please Marshy! Pleaseeeee!" Marshall giggles and hands Barnaby another one which he immediately puts in his mouth and moans at the sweet flavor. Marshall smiles at his new friend's new found love of gum.
"Let's play Castle Marshy!" Barnaby says jumping up running around to the front of the castle, giggling.
"I'm The Vampire King! King of the Night-o-sphere!" Marshall shouts as he jumps up and chases after him.
"Oo! You are Prince Gumball! Prince o...f th...e... Candy Kingdom!" Marshall tells Barnaby as they stand in front of the play castle.
"How come your a King and I'm only a Prince?!" Barnaby asks Marshall with a slight pout and a giggle still chewing the gum.
"Cause I'm older and the king is always older. Do you like the name picked?" Marshall responds smiling looking hopeful that Barnaby likes the prince name he picked for him.
"Are you joking?! I WOVE it Marshy! Best name EVER! " Gumball yells joyfully, giggling and smiling as he hugs Marshall.
"Good, cuz that's your new name!" Marshall says hugging his friend back giggling.
"Really? Can it really?" Barnaby asks Marshall looking hopefully up at him.
"Totally! But only I can call you it, okay?!" Marshall says and sticks his tongue out at Barnaby who nods excitedly and sticks his tongue out at Marshall.

After hours of playing together the sun starts to set and Marceline goes over to the giggling boys, who were still playing castle.
"Marshall it's time to go home, say 'goodbye' to your new friend." Marceline says calmly to Marshall, smiling at the fact that her baby brother found a friend.
Marshall and Gumball stop play wrestling, over who gets the toy pirate ship, and look to each other and pout.
"Do we gotta go Celine? I wanna keep playing with Gumball" Marshall looks up at his sister and sticks his lip out.
"As much as I love to see you playing and having fun, the Sun's going down and we need to leave now to get to the store then get home before dark. Sorry buddy." Marceline says apologetically looking at the boys. "Maybe you two can set up a play date sometime and play again, also were coming back tomorrow so if it's okay with his parents he can come back" she adds hopping it'll make them smile, and it does. Gumball nods excitedly at the idea of seeing Marshy again
"Okay, Celine." Marshall says then turns to Gumball and they hug. "See ya tomorrow, Gumball."
"See you tomorrow Marshy" Gumball says and kisses Marshall's cheek. "Mommy says that you kiss people you really like, and I really like you and I really like playing castle with you, and I really like being your friend. Do you like being my friend?" Gumball adds quickly with a shy smile.
"I really like being your friend Gumball." Marshall responds smiling them kisses Gumball's cheek. The boys climb out of the castle and hug one more time. As they pull apart Marshall's hand immediately goes into his pocket and he pulls out the half eaten bag of gum balls and gives them to Gumball.
"Here! Have these. So you can eat some at your house" Marshall says then hands the bag to his smiling friend.
"Thank you Marshy." Gumball smiles and stuffes the bag in his pocket.
Marceline takes Marshall's hand and says "It was nice to meet you. See you tomorrow." Marceline and Marshall walk out of the park, every couple of steps Marshall turns back and waves at Gumball, and right before him and Marceline step out of the park Marshall turns around and yells "HAPPY BIRTHDAY GUMBALL!" making Gumball's smile widen. Marshall then decides that he's going to ask Marceline if he can buy Gumball the bestest birthday present ever and give it to him tomorrow.

~~~<~~~~>~~~~~<~~~~>~~~~<~~~>
A/N: I finally got over my writers block! (Sorta...) So here is a new chapter, it might be short but oh well, that's the best I can do for now. Oh and a very special thanks to @Princess531123 for the idea of doing a chapter on how the boys first met.
I hope you enjoyed, don't forget to:
Vote!
Comment!
Follow!
Fish🐟