𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

☽✾☾

☽✾☾

A LOUD ROAD STRETCHED BEYOND Diane's window, making her throat tighten with anxiety.

She wasn't used to the loud, drowning noises of Yorkshire. It was far too different to her beloved France. Much has changed for Diane in the past few months since she finished - what she didn't know would be - her last year at Hillside Academy. She was forced to retire when her father was called to back England for work. Diane sighed, resting her chin on the palm of her hand, gazing out at people outside. Soon, she would be starting a new school, and she had never been more afraid.  A knock at her bedroom door awoke Diane from her dazed dreaming.

"Come in!" She called out.

Diane's brother, Lawrence, strolled into the room, giving her a grin.

"You didn't eat dinner, Di. What's wrong?" Brunette sighed, giving him a little smile.

"Why does me not eating dinner means that something is wrong?" 

"Because you love eating."

Diane rolled her eyes 

"Fine, you win. I'm just nervous for school."

"I know. But I'm sure it'll be great, you get to go to the same school I used to attend" Laurie was always at Welton while his sister went to Hillside, they only saw each other at Christmas time and in summer, the only time Diane and their dad were coming to Yorkshire from France

"I'm back in England, but I'm still not able to see you." Juliet fretted.

"Don't be silly, Di." Laurie sat beside her. "Father attended to Welton, and so did everyone else in his family."

"But mother went to Hillside, and so did the female side of her family when she lived in France"

"Don't worry Welton will be fun" Laurie said, giving her a promising look. 

"Now get some sleep, we're going home to mom tomorrow" Diane groaned and threw herself back at her bed. He was right, it's going to be okay. After all, Keatings attended Welton, right?

 After all, Keatings attended Welton, right?