Chapter 33 - A Surprise Visit

Do not let the police come. Don't take any help. These were the words of my mother. They must be coming from somewhere.

She ended the conversation without any explanation, but anyone can join the dots. My mother was really famous in the early 90s, but not in a good way.

She was accused of murder in our very school. There was a trial and she won. She was proved innocent and the man who accused her was seen as a horrible man for calling a sweet, innocent woman a murderer.

I must say, she played her cards right. I saw the trial, but never saw or heard what actually happened. After the call, that's all I could think about. That, and Mida Rana, of course.

I was in the washroom at the top floor. I was waiting for cleaning time to be over so I could spy on Mida. This place is the most private place. Why, you ask?

This was the washroom the girl was 'murdered' by my mother, supposedly. People say they still feel the creeps in here. Sometimes, people come here as a courage test. I don't feel anything, so I was pretty much neutral.

I looked at the mirror and saw my face. It's as it has always been; alert eyes, no smile, straight posture. Just simple Ayano. I do however have to sometimes change my persona to interact with people.

When you behave as the person they want to talk to, they'll tell and do anything for you. It's really easy becoming popular. Just pretend to like what they like and bam, they like you.

Suddenly I saw a girl right behind me. I quickly turned back to see...no one. I swore I saw someone. It was a girl with a bob. She stared right at me. Now I get the appeal of this place.

I will catch Mida in the act. Toga, Senpai's classmate was really interested in her. I sent Senpai a note from Mida to cancel the extra class, and gave a note from Senpai to Toga to attend it instead of him.

It's a little risky, but the cover will be blown if Toga mentions it to Senpai, but considering he has his head in his book, it'll be fine.

Mida starts teaching him. After a few minutes of awkwardness and Mida gets comfortable with her new prey, she settles in and behaves the same way she does with Senpai.

She's the first woman who's not just interested in Senpai, but every guy, or should I say kid? I was hoping to get a little help of Akuto and expose her. After all, that's easier than calling the police.

But to my shock, I heard sirens. Mida and Toga stood up and peeked out the window. I left them and saw the main gate. It was the police. But why?

I rushed downstairs to see the ordeal. "He's not breathing!" A teacher said to a cop as they ran away. I kept my distance and jogged. It was a guy at the rooftop laying there lifeless.

The police gathered around him and checked his pulse. The cop slowly shook his head. He was gone. Who could've killed him? And why?

______________💔______________

Thanks for reading!
Also don't forget to comment and vote!