Chapter 50 - Student Council

"Hello?" I answered.

I heard loud statics. It started to form into non-understandable words. As I tried to hear better, I heard the statics wobble and a clear voice paused the background noise.

"Is this Ayano Aishi?" A deep robotic voice hit me. This can't be Info-chan right? She uses her real voice. Or a feminine one. But why would she blackmail a person she knows?

"Who's this?" I asked. "I know what you are." They said. "I've seen your work lately. Kind of impressive."

"What did you say?" I asked. "Ms. Aishi, you should be more careful. You don't know what'll hit you." I took a deep breath. "Listen, I don't know who you are, but you don't scare me. If you really think you can scare people by having an overly robotic and clearly fake voice, you're wrong."

After some moments, I heard, "Very well. Seems like I've called the right person." "No you haven't. You shouldn't have." I heard a snicker on the other side. "Ms. Aishi, you need to be more alert around your surroundings. You never know what might swoop you outta your feet."

The call was cut off. Who was that? The problems never really end for me do they? "Nii-San," said Hanako. "Say, why don't you date Ayano Senpai?" She asked coyly. "Wh-what?" He stuttered.

"She's cute and kind, plus she's my friend! She just saved me. If there's anyone you should date, it's her." Senpai let out a gentle laugh. "C'mon Hanako. You can't just date people. It takes time and effort."

They both walked away with their parents. I couldn't stop smiling.

—————————
I was called for a meeting with the student council for the first time. It's the first because I've been given solo tasks till now. I was given amateur tasks at first. But after Hanako, my credibility skyrocketed.

The second the door slid open I felt a couple of eyes piercing a hole in me. Akane was handling the silver cutlery, Shiromi leaned against her chair with her legs on top of the table, Aoi had her hands in her pockets while she stuck her gaze at me.

"Good morning everyone." I said. Akane looked up and smiled. Koroko looked out the window with her hands at the back. "Yo!" Shiromi waved her hand at me. "Why don't you take a seat?" Akane pointed at one.

She began pouring tea in the silver cups. "Sweet!" Said Shiromi. "Legs on the ground." Said Koroko sternly without even turning. She smacked her lips in frustration and sat straight. Aoi took the cup first and nodded at Akane.

"For you." She laid a cup in front of me with two biscuits on the tea-plate. I sipped it and thanked her. The tension in the room was suffocating. Clearly I was unwanted here. The room was filled with just sips and crunches of biscuits.

"So Ayano," Koroko finally turned around and walked to me. "Do you know why you've been chosen to be here?" "Because I'm a good student. I maintained my grades, never caused trouble, I also enjoy helping my friends."

"That's something half of these people do. It's nothing special. No one gets the privilege you got. Why so?" She laid her hands on the desk and leaned closer. The other girls glanced at each other suspiciously.

"The school has changed since you've stepped up. You just helped a girl to not get arrested, and somehow managed to end the delinquents." She paused. "Huh, seriously, there must be something you're doing different." She said between belittling chuckles.

"Listen, just because you've become a member doesn't mean you're one of us. We're a team. And you will work under us, not with us. Got it?" Her harsh words echoed the room. Akane said, "Koroko isn't it a bit ru-" "I said what I said. She better accept it."

"If she doesn't like it, she's more than welcome to leave."

This will be a tough one to crack.

______________💔______________