Chapter 1

Here is chapter one, I didn't finish editing it but in the future, I will. Enjoy the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Izuku looked at his reflection in the bathroom mirror, his eyes immediately drawn to the heavy, purple eye bags that contrasted his pale complexion. His smile was almost non-existent, his lips weighed down by guilt; he felt as though he was betraying himself, for so long he had wanted to attend U.A. It was his dream since he heard Bokugo mention it at the playground, but he wanted to attend as a hero in training, not some useless, quirkless Deku who could only write about something he would never have.

Even then, why could he not smile, or jump with joy? Getting into the U.A. General Education course was nothing to cough at, getting into the course held the same level of respect as getting admitted into the hero course. But Izuku didn't feel that respect, he felt inadequate; to him, learning to be a hero was everything, they were the ones learning to risk their lives for the greater good. Izuku was only getting an education for people who are slightly smarter than your average human and he didn't even feel as though he had enough qualifications for that title.

There was a knock on the bathroom door, "Izuku, honey, you need to hurry. I remember you saying that school would be starting at eight in the morning, you don't want to be late do you?" Inko's voice interrupted his thoughts, interrupting his downward spiral.

Izuku sighed, "Okay, I'll be out in a second."

When he heard the quiet pitter-patter of feet walking away from the door, he gave the reflection of himself one last glance and opened the door. Midoriya smiled as he saw his backpack beside the door, he assumed his mother brought it when she came to check on him. Today seemed to be one of the better days for her, maybe they could celebrate his getting into U.A. after all.

The freckled boy hoisted his schoolbag onto his shoulders and made his way to the front door to put his shoes on, he was stopped as Inko came to him and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. Izuku looked at her and hummed a curious tone.

"Where are you going, Izuku? Today is Sunday," the woman tightened her grip ever so slightly. Her face was full of worry and confusion.

Midoriya's breath hitched in surprise, "Mom, today is Monday, I have school, remember?" He asked fruitlessly, knowing that she would most likely be unable to recall that information, "it's my first day at U.A."

Inko recoiled slightly, her grip on his shoulder loosening, "Oh dear, time must have gotten away from me. I'm sorry, honey," his mother placed a hand on her head, "I think I need to sit down." The older Midoriya made her way to the living room.

Izuku held his breath as he attempted to stop tears from welling up in his green eyes, he quickened his pace to the front door before his mother popped up her head into the room.

"When you get home, Izu, let's celebrate your admittance to U.A., okay? I'm so proud of you," the smile in her voice could be heard clear as day, it pained the younger Midoriya all the more.

Izuku hummed in agreement as his mother came over and kissed him on the cheek with a quick goodbye.

~~~

Midoriya tapped the straps of his bags softly, thoughts of his mother's ill mind quickly surfacing as the train came closer to his stop, though, his attention was anywhere but; his mother's condition was the only thing he could focus on.

The short teen grunted at being shoved forward by people boarding the train, he sighed at the thought of being in a crowd of strangers. He fought his way to the front of the group wanting to find the most isolated seat he could, he knew that he need the little privacy he could garner as oncoming thoughts of Inko flooded his senses.