Chapter 5

Your POV

It's been a week since the whole thing with Camila and Austin went down. She's been texting me and calling me non stop, including subtweeting about me. She's showed up to my door a couple times, and I've slammed the door in her face, then locking it, preventing her from opening it again. 

At first I felt like I did something wrong. But then I realized that she couldn't accept herself. It wasn't my fault. She couldn't accept that she liked me. Whatever. I didn't need her. I've moved on. (Not I haven't.) I don't need her. (I do.) She isn't as amazing as I used to think she is. (She's perfect.)

I'm so angry at myself. I can't believe how much I feel like I needed her. I was just empty. I feel like something was missing, and I knew exactly what (who) that was. We hadn't had a serious, honest conversation. I barely know her.

I wanted to forgive her, but she lied about us going on a date, making Austin mad at me. If she wasn't ready to tell people that she liked me, I wasn't even going to think about it. It wasn't happening. I wasn't going to be someone's secret.

From: Camila Cabello: Y/n, please. I'm sorry.

To: Camila Cabello: I'm not being your secret.

From: Camila Cabello: I don't want you to be my secret. I felt bad for Austin, so I lied to him. It just slipped. I'm really sorry.

To: Camila Cabello: I already gave you a second chance.

From: Camila Cabello: I know. Please. I'm sorry. So, so sorry. I do like you. Let me prove it to you.

To: Camila Cabello: I don't know Camz...

From: Camila Cabello: Please. Let me show you.

To: Camila Cabello: How?

Then she didn't respond for about a minute.

From: Camila Cabello: Check Instagram

I pull up my insta, seeing a most recent pic from Camila. It was us both smiling like idiots at the camera. I think we had taken this when she had come over for lunch, before we started watching TV.

Camila's caption was, I'm sorry. Forgive me. I'm an idiot. Harmonizers. I messed up. Please help me get her back. @Y/nY/Ln I'm sorry, I want us to be together

I didn't know how to react. I was frozen. She just told the world she liked me. She told the harmonizers. Besides the fact that I was smiling like an idiot at my phone, like a 12 year old girl getting a text from her crush.

From: Camila Cabello: I'm so sorry. Let me prove to you how sorry I am.

To: Camila Cabello: I'm really not sure about this. I have no trust in you at this point.

From: Camila Cabello: Please. Let me take you out. I am a trustworthy person. I just messed up. I accept myself now. I'm bi and I like you.

To: Camila Cabello: When are you picking me up?

From: Camila Cabello: Oh my god! Thank you! I'm so sorry, but you won't regret it. I promise. Does 7 sound good?