5: How about it?

Another monotonous morning. following the same routine with very little change. Wake up, morning routine, optional breakfast, leave the apartment a mess after getting ready, and then go to work. Kunikida had even offered to walk me home from now on. I didn't let that offer slide.

'I'm just glad I'll go in at 1 p.m. instead of 9 a.m. tomorrow.'

I was shocked to see that a certain brunette was in the cafe. And flirting with my coworker. Though I don't know if you can really call asking someone to: kill themselves with you, is going to get them flustered in a romantic way. So yeah, maybe 'flirting' isn't the right term.

"Good morning. Bella. I'll get changed into my work uniform, I'll be back out shortly." I got dressed quickly, putting my personal things away in the back. I promptly returned to the main area of the cafe, seeing Bella had already left Dazai alone to continue cleaning glasses at the bar area.

"Good morning [Y/N]-Chan~. I didn't get to say good morning when you walked in, you ran off before I got the chance." Dazai said in a teasing voice.

"I don't think I could ever tell you enough just how gorgeous you look. I think the mornings give your beauty a natural glow." He complimented with his head in his hands, elbows on the table.

"Thanks, but I'm nothing special. Really. Did you need any drinks or treats?" I didn't know how to respond, even after his many similar compliments about my appearance.

"No, I'm good for the moment. I have you here now after all." His eyes sparkled.

"How nice... Changing the subject, are you okay? I saw your note the other day and I hadn't heard from you since, did you get what ever you needed dealt with?" I inquired, hoping to no longer feel awkward from being complimented.

"Yes, I did. It's nothing for you to worry about though. I'm so glad that my dear [Y/N] is worrying about me.~"

"Alright. It's a common courtesy to ask if someone's alright in that type of situation."

"How about I take you to get some lunch later, when is your shift done?"

"Sorry, my shift ends at 6. Maybe we could have an early lunch tomorrow. I don't work until 1 in the afternoon." I found it odd that he always wanted to hangout. He seemed to want to spend a lot of time with me for someone who left without a proper goodbye.

"How about dinner then? That seems more fitting. We can meet at your apartment and you can get ready after work and we'll leave when you're done. How does that sound?" His smile never wavered, only changing from a happy smile, to a curious one.

"Sounds good..." I faked a smile of my own, reluctantly sounding as genuine as I could.

'He still makes me uneasy at times. But he's never done anything to harm me in anyway."

"Good. I look forward to it." He said this as he got up, blowing a small kiss towards me.

I continued my work day after he left, helping other customers and thinking over what events could take place later.

'Why is he so insistent on spending time with me? Maybe Kunikida was right, maybe he is planning something.'

'Or maybe I'm just overthinking it.'

'I have no reason to think such things, so why do I keep going back to that?'

I went ahead and texted Kunikida that he doesn't need walk home with me, after work. It would be awkward if he did. He seemed a little upset about my request, but was fine with it.

When my shift was over I went to the back to get changed and collect my belongings. Afterwards I helped Bella clean up and close the cafe. When I walked out, Dazai's was there, in a different outfit surprisingly.