The Masquerade

Author P.O.V

Today was the day. You Y/n Capulet were going to meet your suitor. However, you weren't particularly happy about this. In fact you were absolutely dreading this day for months. You were only 15, and too young for marriage. 

 As your corset was tightened and your hair was thrown up in many different twists and braids, you thought about how your life would be if you weren't to be married. 

At last, you were ready for the dreaded masquerade. You trudged down the long halls scared out of your mind about this suitor.

 You expected a creepy old man, and that is exactly what you saw when you entered. A creepy. old. man.  

'Ew' you thought as your eyes slid over this horrid man you were bound to marry

'Ew' you thought as your eyes slid over this horrid man you were bound to marry. You could not marry him. You had to leave for he smelled of rotten eggs, you could not be around any longer. 

As the party started to take off more and more people arrived. Men and Women of all ages with intricate gowns and suits.

 You walked over to the main dancing area and just stared. You weren't a very good dancer unlike your cousin Juliet. You spotted her as she glided gracefully around the floor accompanied by her soon to be suitor, Paris. ((Hey isn't that a city. Ha isn't that funny. Anyways back to the story))

In the meantime while the author was ranting you went and grabbed some food. Because food can solve everything. Even bad dancing skills. 

While you were stuffing your face with fancy food a certain boy noticed you from across the room. It was Romeo jk it was Benvolio the little Italian boy in all of his glory. 

 He was enticed almost as much as you were with that turkey leg. As you were finishing up your food he took his chance and asked for a dance. (does that rhyme or what?)

 When you looked up you saw him. It was as if sparks went off. He had a mask on and it was quite obvious that he was dressed up a Walugi.  

Now you could respect a man in a Walugi mask

Now you could respect a man in a Walugi mask. But there was a few questions you had. 'Does he wear a mask with a smile for hours at a time?' 'Does he stare at the ceiling and hold back what's on his  mind?' 

You decided to settle your mind with one single question "How are you doing?" His answer was all you needed to know you were madly and deeply in love. 

"I'm just fine"

 That was it. He was all you ever needed. Your Walugi faced sweetheart.

He lead you to the dance floor and for the first time you felt good at dancing. You were in sync your bodies fit perfectly together. In a whirlwind of emotions and Walugi masks. S

uddenly it all ended. This was it. This was the quiet after the storm. You'd never felt this way about anyone before. 

"Thank you." you said still in a daze about this masked mystery. Just as he was about to walk away you stopped him.

 "Wait, what's your name?'  you asked curious of who your dreamlike sweetheart was.

 "Montague, Benvolio Montague."  At this you audibly gasped. A Montague, no. 

While you were saying your dramatic inner speech and staring off into the distance worriedly Benvolio vanished. Little did he know that you were a Capulet or that his cousin was experiencing the exact same thing.