chapter 2

Walking down the stairs to a long timeI was tempted to just try to roll down the stairs and try my luck but then what kind of impression would I inquisitor? As I walk I notice I didn't have any shoes on but I didn't care it was probably best that I wasn't so I could try to see better. I reach the floor and I look at my dad's figure and smile some. I could recall my dad figure the way he stood tall and proud so i turn to the other one and nod my head.

"So this is your girlI came to see very wellI would like to be with her alone in a room so I can ask her questions." He spoke formal but he voice didn't sound very trust worthy.

"Alright this way." my father said.  The inquisitor put his arm around me as we walk.  His skin was cold and icy i shiver some but when he glances at me I just smile towards him.  We walk into endless rooms before me dad says something but I was too busy feeling the warmth of the fire to hear. 

"Scarlett would you like to take a seat so we can how a conversation." he spoke careful I could tell.  I could vision where he was sitting so I sit as far away from him as possible. 

"Lets get straight to the point why am I only hearing about you now why not when you were born?  And don't try lying because I can tell if you are lying. 

"Secrets sir, the government may not always be a friend in our world." I said crossing my legs and sit up straight.

"Is that true but a child like you there is no reason to hide from public no ashame."  he said delicatly like he already was sure he new the answer.  "Now that you said government how do you know anything about it your age your aren't suppose to know anything about it until two years from now when you can handle information like that." It sounded like he was trying to scold me.  I didn't have much idea of this government in his age but I had plently other governments I knew about.

"Why do you even care you not even human?"  I said not very politly and I heard him make a noise as if he was shock what I just told them.

"This is truly interesting how could you tell most people can't tell even if i have my arm around them like I did to you?"  he said.  i could hear him moving closer to me and crouching over waiting for my answer like he needed to.

"Unnatural cold, you didn't take one breathe yet in this whole conversation, daylighter how did you mange that?"  I said smirking at him.  A daylighter is a vampire who can walk in sunlight. 

"I have live for thousand of years it makes me wise and suitable for this job so your government doesn't make a mistake."  He said like we were pathic well not we humans because I am still finding it hard to call myself human if I wasn't born.  I can walk and talk like one but I know more than I should and can't even see.  Isn't the perfect child suppose to be healthy and naviite. 

"You never will fit in with the human race you should go with the rest of your kind and live out with them.  Human think their race are better than yours am I right we can die, we can go into churchs, and we can eat normal food.  You sure can't do one of those things."  I could sense his tense as I spoke the harsh words.  It wasn't uncommon for his kind to try to fit in but never would they would be always on the outside curb.

"Better watch your mouth, and I been trying and soon enough I will be able to eat some food without getting sick so I can achive things your race can't like you can only feel one feeling at a time for a certain time, your life is already planned for you and it seems that humans tend to make the same mistake over and over again."  he didn't hold back anything i guess bad move on his part.

"Are you suppose to be asking questions about my health and well being?" I said moving the subject on. "An being angry and saying what you feel isn't a smart move on your part maybe next time you will know better."