Chapter 3 : The Helplessness

His lips stretched to the right side, drawing a smirk on his exhausted face. Still holding a gaze at him, Haya stood still on the spot.

"Jacob, catch it", Aaron turned around, throwing the ball, and ran towards the court again, leaving her in great confusion.

She wondered if he was serious about it. However, she also knew that Aaron Samuel was also famous for being sarcastic and humorous all the time. How could he know everything about her? She was an ordinary girl among the thousands of students who had no identity.

In her pack, she was known as Gamma Frederick's daughter.

As she drifted to leave the court, she found herself in front of Koena and Riley with their girls. She choked, darting her eyes on them.

"See, I don't even know who you are, nor I have any interest in wasting my time on you", Koena scowled at her, crossing her arms. "Go and cut off your name from the form. It'll be better for you"

Haya paused, looking at them for a while. "But I made it to this position. Why will I leave it?"

"Because I'm saying"

Haya clutched her handbag again, almost shivering on her spot. She didn't want to leave the position. Another side, she was scared of getting bullied by them.

"Leave it. I knew you're not capable of handling them", Aaron's voice echoed inside her head. Her mouth fell open as she looked sideways.

Aaron was looking at her, standing more than ten feet away with a guy, still dabbling the ball.

"Did he actually say something? How did I hear him? And how didn't anyone hear him?", Haya wondered. It didn't take much time for her to know that she was having a mind link to him. She could talk to him without even speaking a word.

"Why do you always belittle me?", Haya glared at him, speaking in her mind.

"We just talked a few minutes ago. What do you mean by 'always'?", Aaron scowled back.

Haya shifted her gaze to Koena. "Who are you?"

Koena's mouth fell open at her drastic answer. Haya walked faster past her and left the court, glancing at Aaron for once.

The day seemed to be bigger than any other day for Haya. She had gotten the biggest shock of her life that morning, the biggest betrayal which she was trying to overcome. Nonetheless, she was still clueless about her unborn pup.

Just a night ago, she was so happy with her life that she never was. Just a month ago, she thought she was loved, she was capable of getting love. But all turned out to be a hoax, a misconception. She was still a nobody. While she walked across the muddy field, her gaze wandered to the cloudy sky, turning blacker same as the state of her heart.

"Girl", Natalia joined her from behind. "Congrats! I heard you were selected"

"Yes", Haya passed a smile.

"Good. But take a friendly suggestion, okay? Koena is a bitch. And she'll try to get her position back. So, you better stay alert", she said while munching a protein bar.

Haya shook her head. With a small light of hope, she looked at Natalia, preparing herself to share everything since it was being tough for her to handle this alone.

"Natalia, I wanted to say something"

"Yup. Say"

"Can we sit somewhere? I have many things to say", she beamed in joy. There was someone to hear her.

"Sit? You mean you want to narrate a history", Natalia's eyes wide opened. "Babe, I have to rush for the dance class. We'll talk tomorrow", she did a quick hug and walked away.