Chapter 6 : You're beautiful

Two long hours passed.

Aaron was continuously practising. His eyes were only darted on the net, eyeballs freezing like dead cells and his ears could only take the sound of dabs until he heard a noise behind him. His focus broke and he turned around.

He got stunned at the sight of Haya tripping over, holding her head. She was still standing there while Aaron didn't waste a second and ran across the court.

"What happened?", he wrapped his palm around her arm. Her eyes almost closed shut and she could hardly stand straight.

"Are you feeling dizzy?", he asked again as she shook her head. Without delaying much, he bent over, sliding his arm down to her thighs and another arm wrapped around her broad waist.

He lifted her in his arms while her head fell heavily against his chest. She was still in sense but mumbling.

He carried her to the locker room and made her sit on the bench.

"Water?", he brought out his water bottle which was dangling around his waist, tied up.

She strived to drink as he brought it near her mouth. She almost drank half of it and gulped.

"Feeling better?", a line of concern across his face. She shook her head, sitting straight. She understood that it was happening because of her pregnancy. Now it would be tough for her to hide it longer.

"I guess, you got overwhelmed with the session. But it's yet to be morning. Why don't you just sit and watch me practice?"

"No, I'm fine. I think I need rest. Can I go?", she looked at him. Despite being scared of staying alone, she insisted to go with the fear of her secret pregnancy.

"You can't", he said straight away. "It's still dark all around and I'm not gonna drop you without finishing my session. You can leave in the morning", he said.

"I can go alone", she muffled.

"I won't let you"

With his intense words, she glanced at him.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You did all this deliberately. There was no practice session. Nothing! You brought me here to–", she paused, their eyes still on each other.

"To–", he repeated.

"To protect me"

Aaron kept staring at her for a while then looked away. "I'm the captain of the football team, head organizer of the sports council. Not your bodyguard, Cinderella", he smirked at her.

She doubted her thoughts again. Did she really think too much? Was it just a coincidence that Aaron bumped into them when Rubel was dragging her out of the residence? She strived to stop but–

"Then why did you ask me when my parents would come? Why can't you let me go until it's morning", her voice filled with curiosity.

"I just call you Cinderella that doesn't mean you're actually a princess and I'm running after you. Stop assuming too much", his words pinched her and she felt the touch of agony scrambling inside her.

It just had been more than twelve hours since they interacted so much for the first time. And whenever she was with him, she seemed to be far away from all the chaos happening in her life. Though he teased and taunted her a lot, she used to get angry at them. But the last words he spoke were like the same treatment she got from everyone.

YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL.

It didn't anger her. It hurt her.

When she was trying to hold the tears back, gulping down, Aaron peeked at her for once.