Chapter 1 : Broken Expectations

"Abort this pup", the most unexpected words from Rubel hit Haya's ears as she felt the earth beneath her sliding away. She was looking straight into his eyes without reacting and with an expectation that he might regret saying that and take his words back. 

But his eyes didn't show any guilt. She gulped and paused for a while before speaking anything.

"You're kidding me, right?", she faked a smile.

"No, I'm not. Why would I? I would be kidding if I had asked you to keep that pup", Rubel said in a disgust-filled voice. 

"But.....", she choked, trying her best to control her tears. "But we love each other"

"Huh? What? When did this happen?"

"I'm your girlfriend", her devastated eyes shook. 

"But not my mate. You're not my mate. I hope you remember. I have my mate. Harper! And I'm gonna have my pups with her in the future. You're just a dumb she-wolf who doesn't deserve to get pregnant with an Alpha's child. You got it?"

Haya was getting all the unexpected moments of her life in just one day was hard for her to digest. She lost the ability to say anything or fight with Rubel for her rights. 

"You thought I would leave Harper for you and your stupid pup?", he pointed at her belly. "Who knows you, by the way? Who are you? Is there anything that makes you special to be an Alpha's mate?"

"But you were the one to mate me", she pushed herself to speak. 

"You won't stop proving yourself stupid. When did I mate with you? Did I mark you? Did I declare you my mate? I just slept with you. That doesn't mean I had left everything behind"

She realized that every word coming from his mouth was true. He never said he loved her, nor he ever marked her. 

"It'll be better for you if you let this mess go and live me peacefully. And if you don't wanna leave it, you better shut your mouth", stepping closer, he pointed at her. It shuddered her in fear and she shook her head. "Fix this in your mind. If anyone gets to know about it, I won't spare you"

Rubel left the common room after breaking her heart into several pieces. All the tears she was huddling inside her streamed down her cheeks as she knelt on the ground. She couldn't believe what had happened in her life all of a sudden. 

Haya Arcel was nineteen years old, an average-looking she-wolf of the dark nightingale pack. Her father was the Gamma of that pack, working as the chief soldiers, so as her two brothers. From a very early age, she was never treated specially as she had nothing extraordinary in her. Even in the college itself, she was treated as a random student with average grades and fewer friends. Rubel Wesson was the future Alpha king of her neighbouring pack who used to hit on her even a week ago. Now, he didn't even consider her worthy of him. However, deep down, she realized she expected too much from a man she met a month ago. 

Always craving for love and attention, it wasn't difficult for Haya to fall in love with someone who would make her feel a bit special or else pretend to do so. She hadn't found her mate waiting for an entire year after her eighteenth birthday. 

Her hands skimmed down to her stomach when she cried her heart out before going out of that common room. She wasn't allowed to show her tears or share her grief with anyone. 

After a while, she could manage to stand up and control her tears but the fear of handling a teenage pregnancy without the person she slept with was near to impossible for her which she could realize. 

Her legs wobbled to walk, stressing all the limbs of her body. Among a bunch of students around her walking, gossiping, and talking, she was left unnoticed. None had paid attention to the girl who was walking along the corridor like a dead body. However, it didn't bother her. She was overlooked by everyone all her life.