Chapter 8

-Tommo! That's not the way! -said the brunette one in a low voice; trying not to get caught. The plan to get information about Liam wasn't going as wonderfully: Louis was taking too seriously the role of being a detective, Harry was wearing a moustache and a pair of glasses as a disguise, and zayn was so distracted he was constantly bumping onto stuff. Niall was beginning to change his mind.

Louis was entering the infirmary, squatting against the wall with his arms stretched at his sides like there was an imminent danger.

-Your heading in the wrong direction, Lou -Niall reminded him. The mission would be harder than he imagined.

They were in the principal's office and the secretary was behind her desk talking on the phone, but she gave Louis a threatening look to close the door of the infirmary.

-Psst -said Niall to Harry. He approached the blonde, trying to seem as casual as possible- What's wrong, Nialler? -he asked with an unusually deep voice. Niall hit his forehead against the wall. This was such a bad idea.

-Harry, you're making it easy for me to kill you right now -he whispered, irritated.

-Don't say my name! Call us by our spy names: Hazza, Boo Bear and Milk.

-Milk?

-You know, Zayn's surname sounds like milk. Malik. Milk. It's the same thing.

-You have to be fucking joking -said Niall, hitting his forehead against the wall again.

Louis got ahead and propped his elbows over the secretary's desk trying to charm her. The boys watched the scene trying to hold their laugh as the secretary turned red and threw him a box of clips.

-I'll call the Principal immediately -she threatened, standing up and going straight to his office.

When she was out of sight, they all ran to his side asked what was he thinking.

-Don't thank me, lads.

-Thank you? You could get yourself expelled, you idiot. What did you even say? -asked Niall

-Just an excuse to get her out of the way. C'mon! Stop snitching here and go to the file room, nobody's watching.

Niall started getting anxious, the door to Casey's past was about to open. He was head over heels for her, there was no way back. Nevertheless, it wasn't the first time this happened to him. Back in Ireland, there was a gorgeous girl named Zoey, and it took five minutes for him to fall to her feet. He tried to please her in every way, try to grant all her wishes but he was always friend-zoned. He must admit it hurt like hell, but it wasn't the first and probably wasn't going to be the last time it happened. Love at first sight was dangerous. He had made up his mind now that he had to take things easy with Casey and not get too attached, but he feared it was already too late.

-Here, Niall, this is the way -Harry said and snatched him out of his thoughts. They stopped in front of a door with a little blue sign: "Files". That was convenient.

He took a deep breath and grabbed the doorknob, carefully opening the door as to not make any noise. Inside, there were three big shelves with drawers labelled by years, and at the back of the small room, an old white computer.

-Start with the computer first, we'll go through the shelves -Zayn suggested. The rest nodded and started their tasks. They didn't know how long it was going to take and were just hoping Louis could buy them enough time.

Niall turn the machine on and waited a couple of minutes, but he was met with a problem: it needed a password.

-Guys, it's asking me for a fucking password