Chapter 1

Casey entered the classroom and all eyes turned to look at her, but she just looked through the window and ignored everyone

Casey entered the classroom and all eyes turned to look at her, but she just looked through the window and ignored everyone. She walked with a steady pace keeping her head up because no matter how embarrassed she felt it was necessary to keep the image of a strong and confident girl since that was the perception everybody in that classroom had of her.

Aggressively, she threw her backpack over the table and sat down with her legs open, just like a boy. Some kept staring at her, and others just looked at the wall beside her pretending something was interesting on it.

This morning, she felt nervous. She always was, but this morning felt different. When she woke up, the sun had not yet come out and it was very hot, nevertheless, she put a sweater on. In school, it was even hotter than at home and there was no air conditioning. And at any moment, she would start feeling the heat taking over her body.

Her classmates kept quiet when the teacher entered the room. Behind him, the guy who always comes late arrived. He just ran to his seat, which was in front of Casey's, and sat before the teacher started the lesson.

Casey's nervousness increased when she saw that all the girls were wearing t-shirts exposing their arms with smooth skin without cuts.

Unconsciously, she touched her left forearm, then she moved her hand to her wrist and

covered it with the sweater a little bit more.

She didn't know how long the class was going to last. It was mathematics and Casey liked it because they were logical and exact. Sometimes she wished life was so simple as mathematics, and if there's a problem you solve it with an equation. But it wasn't like that, everything was so complicated like her Language lectures in which she had to interpret texts and poems that tell million things at the same time.

The bell rang and the grinding of the chairs got it out of her thoughts. She picked up her things and every time she took a step everyone just took a step further from her towards the school hallway.

The late guy was organizing some of his books, and he was wearing a cap like the ones his friends used. It was odd because it was summer and that cap must have been uncomfortably warm. Besides, he wasn't in her situation where she needed to hide under her clothes.

She couldn't get to the classroom door because he was in the way and just kept organizing his books

-Could you step out of the way? I need to go to my next class- she said annoyed. The guy looked at her, but not in a hateful or fearful way like everyone else did, but with a puzzled expression on his face.

-Excuse me? -he asked.

-MOVE- she answered. Casey never stopped to look at the late guy, primarily because she had more important things to think about and because she just wasn't interested. However, now he was just in front of her and she couldn't avoid looking at his beaming eyes and his smile. It was cute and adorable.