Chapter 3

-Would you please tell me what happened to your arm, Casey?

Classes were already over for that day and there was no one else in the classroom but them. Niall had stopped her before running away to have an answer to those cuts on her arms.

-No, I won't -she simply answered, avoiding to look into his ocean eyes. Niall just nodded understanding that he didn't have Casey's trust yet, and it was stupid to think she would tell him.

-Okay then, you don't have to tell me. I just thought that if you got it out of your chest it might help...

-Don't be ridiculous Niall. You wanted to be the first one to know to go and tell everybody in school that the obnoxious Casey Whitmore cuts herself.

Niall stayed silent, Casey was very temperamental. Besides, when they were in Chemistry she had told him to not listen to her if she said something stupid, and that's exactly what he did.

-Bye-bye, and be careful with the monsters under your bed -she said abruptly and left at a quick pace. He was shocked for a moment before running after her.

She took a turn in the hallway and she was out of sight, but he kept running until he reached the school's entrance and saw her standing outside. There were few students left by that time and the majority tried to stay away from Casey.

-Casey! Wait! -everyone turned around to see what happened. Casey was fed up with the staring all the time.

-What the hell are you watching?! Get a life! -she shouted.

She looked at Niall and gestured for him to follow her. She started to walk and turned around to see if he was coming.

-Are you coming or not?! You twat -he smiled and walked to her side-. Where do you live, Niall?

-Excuse me?

Casey was already impatient, it seemed everything surprised him and that wasn't good. "He is like 'him'" she said to herself. She got those thoughts out of her mind and analyzed Niall's face, they didn't look similar, she was hallucinating.

"It's better that way"

-Where do you live?

-Why do you need to know that?

-I need to ask you for a favour. This isn't something that happens all the time, so feel flattered.

Niall looked ahead and pointed to the traffic light:

-After passing this light, turn to the left and continue straight ahead. My house is the one with the big tree in the front garden.

Casey stopped in her tracks and grabbed Niall by the arm. He wanted to speak but she shut him up.

-Is the address 0248? -he agreed- and your next-door neighbor is a blonde woman, awfully dressed, who always has her nails painted red?

-How do you know that? -now he was truly impressed. Why did she know all that? They never talked before.

-I'm sorry Niall, I can't go to your house. Forget the favour I was about to ask.

-But you didn't even tell me what it was!

Niall heard how she whispered "I hate you" multiple times, without even breathing, without remembering they were in the middle of the street. All of a sudden, she came back to reality with watery eyes and a little bit pale, as nothing had happened.

-Goodbye, Niall -and with that she left in the opposite direction, leaving him with a million questions.

Casey started running without even realizing it. She wanted to hide in her bedroom and shout against the pillow, to swallow the pain until she fell asleep, and wake up to another monotonous day. But things never went like she wanted.