[#2 Chapter]

(UK pov)

As I had walked into the ballroom, my hands were trembling, as my father's kingdom was about to be passed onto me. Many guests were invited including my children, The United States of America, The Dominion of Canada and the colony of New South Wales, (Australia) the youngest of the three. They were outside greeting guests and ushering them in, United States of America was born the colonising of the New World, Canada was the daughter of the Republic of France. Her father was executed during the French Revolution, in doing so she was the new ruler of France. She is the only one in Europe who had abolished the monarchy, but is still ruled by a dictator. I remembered what had happened when Canada was born, my affair with France was found out, leaving Canada in my care. Her father, knowing this cut all diplomatic relations with ne and my father. I hoped that now he is dead, I could be close friends with France. Maybe, even more? At that moment a servant came in and said that the preparations had been set, I nodded going to the tailor and wearing my robe. As I walked out of the door, I saw crowds of people cheering, I tried staring towards the crowd, wanting to null the noise ( is that a thing?? ). My cround gleamed from the light with it's great red ruby (it's a spinel ik) at the centre, looking at those who had attended. The coronation had already ended and this was just a celebration afterwards. After some time, everyone started minding their business, France had started walking towards me. I panicked frozen on the spot. What should I do? Talk to her? Turn the other way? Or act busy? She stopped in front of me giving an awkward smile, "H-Hey UK.", she talked to me? She actually talked to me. 'H-Hi?' Oh goodness, why did I stutter? I gulped in desperation.

"How have you been?" She gave the same awkward smile as before, 'Yeah it has been going well, but being the new king would fix all of that!' We exchanged awkward smiles. Being afraid of one another. She took a deep breath and asked, "How's my daughter? Is she doing alright?" 'She is fine as what I know of she seems to be spending more time with my eldest son.' France's voice softened, "America is a good and polite boy I hope he would not be the kind that doesn't take over countries, for natural resources or money. (And that is the magic of FOresHaDowing)

'I hope he knows, that he must not be greedy and be that kind of person.' (Will he though is the question). Our smiles faded into genuine smiles, as we talked about what had been going on in the period where we were separated. France talked about how she beheaded her own father during the French Revolution, I felt uncomfortable, but I smiled and kept nodding. I told France about how difficult it was raising three children alone, all the nurses had retired, all but one eighty-nine year old nurse, who kept ranting about how father was very limited on time. Very bloody unlikely, he had the time to convince me to increase taxes on America, and help out in the revolutionary war. France glared at me, saying that at least I was a good father. I saw other countries staring at us, no doubt that it was because of France, but I did not care, I was just glad to be in her company, after being separated for almost over a century. Suddenly, everyone started picking partners for the dance, and Spain grabbed France out of nowhere. My face became hot, maybe even visibly red. The 30 minutes after were blurry as I switched from many young ladies to another. Until the last pairing of the party.

I approached France, she was winded and tired. I tapped on her shoulder wanting to draw her attention. As she turned around, I plucked up my courage and gave a smile, 'May I have this dance?' She chuckled, putting her hand in mine, we started off by swaying for a while, I did something risky, I pulled France towards my left then I twirled her to the right, she was visibly shocked but tried to play it off, then came my risky move, I then swung her around, picked her up, and gracefully set her back down. It actually worked, France was visibly stunned by the act, but in a good way her faced arched into a smile. At that moment, everyone in the baroom were looking at us, that move was etched into my mind, never to be forgotten as long as I had lived.

At the end of the ball, everyone disseminated and went to their chambers in my fathers castle, i stuck with France going out for a walk, we talked about what had just happened in the ball and all that jolly good stuff.  As we neared the end where we were overlooking the cliff, France sighed. "You know what, I do not have any regrets of our affair even it had tarnished our reputation." 'I think so too, even if your father kept you away from me, I would've had no regrets, we even made a great daughter. Our affair had gotten us close together, letting me learn that you were a kind person. Even if it was for a short period of time.' France's smile turned into a dry one, "I am sorry that my father had cut ties from you and your father, he just wanted to protect me from outside criticism of our affair." I nodded, 'I understand, I would've done the same if that happened to me or my children.' France sighed. Seeing the sun was setting and was approaching the horizon quickly, I knelt down, kissed France's hand and bid her goodbye. I retreated towards my chamber, laying on my bed god knows how long I had been laying down awake, thinking about France. There was no doubt I had deeper feelings for France.

Sorry for the long wait, I push myself to write three times my normal standard. Do you like this type of story? Lemme know with the comment function.