4

The clock ticked all the way til' finally the school bell rung and all the students ran out, heading home. I felt relieved that school was finally over but I remember I had to clean the toilets. I packed my bag and dragged my feet out of class.

However, Jay was nowhere to be seen. Then a thought hit me. Maybe he's there.

I went up to the third level secretly, making sure no one was suspicious of me. I ran to the storeroom and I already smelled smoke from, outside.

I attempted to open the door up but failed, it was locked. I knocked, "Hey Jay, it's me, Open up."

I heard whispering before the door finally opened.

"Ay, Jay we're supposed to-"

Jay pulled me in the storeroom and closed the door.

I coughed the moment the smell of smoke entered my nostrils. "You.." I gasped for breath.

In front of me I saw Jake and Ni-ki staring at me with a cigarette each in their mouths.

Jay too, was smoking.

"I can't breathe...here," I exited the storeroom and continued coughing.

I felt disgusted at the sight of them smoking. I decided to ignore and went to the top floor, picked up a mop, a pail of water and all the equipments needed.

I whined and sighed and screamed and cried having to clean the toilets. It was so disgusting I kept gagging after scrubbing every corner. Sanitary pads were also seen strewn on some of the cubicles.

I was only done with 2 cubicles, 3 left. I dragged my pail to the next one. I didn't know why I was sobbing, It was really disgusting and tiring.

"Why are you crying," A voice said.

He dragged me out of the cubicle and snatched the brush and mop from my hands.

"I'm not crying, It's my sweat," I said and pretended to wipe my sweat.

"Yeah, yeah sure suck your sweat through your nose," He blatantly said and started scrubbing the toilet.

"I'll do it," I said.

"Shut up I'm cleaning."

"Get your own brush and mop. That's mine!"

"You go get it," He said and continued washing.

I sighed. I went out to the cleaner storeroom and returned with the equipments. I started cleaning too.

It was 5:10 in the afternoon when we finally finished cleaning. We both plopped on the floor, exhausted.

"How are we gonna wash other toilets when it's already 5pm. I wanna go home and do my home works," I sighed.

He too, sighed. "Just do it quick and we'll be done."

We carried the pails and stuff and went to the washroom just beside, It was the boy's washroom.

Yuck.

It was dirtier than I thought and I felt like vomiting. It was my first time in the boy's washroom and I felt so weird. I dare not land my foot flat as I walked on the toilet floor. I tiptoed to the sink and filled the pail with water.

O looked around the toilet and saw the urinal.

"Do you guys not aim properly?" I asked Jay and disgustedly looked at the urine on the floor.

"Sometimes we play around and do it everywhere," He jokingly said.

I shook the thought off my mind and poured detergent everywhere on the floor and started scrubbing the dirt's. Jay did the same but with very little effort.