Chapter 1

This chapter is dedicated to Briga_ for her support and help. Love you! :)

A Plan - Preparations To Change For Good

A week passed. Funerals. Dark clothes. Emotional wrecks. Emptyness. Harry never went out of his room at Grimmauld Place since he returned from Leaky Cauldron. Kreacher mostly brought food for him. He didn't even attend the funeral of Fred, Ron, Ginny, Mr and Mrs Weasley held together. He didn't have the courage to face George, Bill or Charlie. He couldn't see the look in their face, which would probably hold disgust for him. It was his fault they lost their parents, sister and brothers. He sat at the end of his bed, looking into the small photograph of himself and Ginny, which Ginny had gifted him on his birthday before he had set off finding the horcruxes. She had supported his decision of breakup against her own will, believing in him. After the war, they had shared few moments of 'more than friends', but officially hadn't gone back together yet. Harry regreted that. He regreted not having told her how much he loved her, before she was gone.... forever. And Ron, he wasn't there either. But would he have understood Harry's feelings?

Thoughts were getting jumbled up, as he sat, silent on his bed. Suddenly, something silvery white came gliding through the window. It took shape of a cat and spoke in Professor McGonagall's voice-

"Potter, I understand the mental state you are going through. But you are urgently needed at the Headmaster's office at Hogwarts. Miss Granger is coming as well. I hope to see you at 11:00 a.m. Use floo network. I assure you this is important."

The patronus faded away. Harry stared at the space it had been a moment ago. He knew if it hadn't been important, Professor McGonagall wouldn't have bothered him. Or Hermione. So this must be important. Grabbing a decent enough shirt, he flooed to the Headmaster's office. Hermione was already there. She was not really better than him. She had shadow under her eyes which were red. There was obvious signs of exhaustion on her, and Harry wondered whether he looked just as worse.

"I was expecting you, Mr Potter and Miss Granger." Professor McGonagall's voice sounded up. Her hair was tied in a tight bun, and she looked tired. "As you know, this war has cost many lives, destroyed many families, crushed many hopes, dreams. I'm sure you both can understand that." Harry and Hermione both remained silent.

"So, Albus and I have thought of a plan, which, if successful, can save many lives. It can even prevent the war from happening." They looked towards Dumbledore's potrait, who was smiling at them. "Good afternoon, Miss Granger and Mr Potter." He greeted. They both greeted back.

"But Professor," said Hermione, looking at McGonagall. "The war has already taken place. How can we stop something from happening when it has already happened?" McGonagall raised her eyebrows. "Simple. Miss Granger. By turning back, rectifying everything you can. Just like you did in your third year. Except, the difference is, you have to travel a lot more in past, and stop Voldemort as soon as you can."

"So you suggest we go back in time, and destroy the horcruxes as soon as we can, preferably before the seventh and accidental horcrux, that is me, is created?" Harry asked.

"Precisely, Mr Potter. That is, you have to destroy the horcruxes before your first birthday. I think you two are most suitable for this task. And mind you, it will be your most dangerous task, since last time, you had the Order if you needed. But this time, it is only you two. Your identity must be kept a secret for as far as possible."

"So, how do you suggest we do it?" Asked Hermione quietly.

"You two are nearly eighteen, as far as I know. However, you can easily act as seventeen year olds. I suggest you join Harry's parents on their seventh year." Said McGonagall. "The rest is for you to plan."