Chapter 4

This chapter is dedicated to nva_nva for her support. Love you!

Special thanks to @AnkitaBarat for making this cover! :D

Hogwarts Express - Beginning of The Endless

Hermione's heart fluttered with excitement and nervousness at the same time. She was standing at King's Cross Station with her trunks and a Snowy owl she had bought at Diagon Alley. She had bought this barn owl for no valid reason, but just because she reminded her so much of Hedwig with the snowy feathers and deep amber coloured eyes. Hermione was sure that Harry would really love this owl, she was so much like Hedwig.

Hermione could see the pillar separating platforms 9 and 10. The excitement rose in her heart. This place was so familiar to her, so welcoming.... yet, so different. With a pang of sadness, she remembered that Harry and Ron wouldn't be waiting for her at the train's steps, Ginny won't come running towards her to greet her, Mrs Weasley wouldn't be engulfing her in a bear hug, saying- "Dear, dear, all of you are growing so fast, you've become taller!", Mr Weasley wouldn't be asking her if she had worked out the mechanism of a muggle toaster, the Twins won't be cracking stupid jokes....

Hermione blinked hard, though her eyes were still quite dry, she could feel the back of her eyes stinging. Taking a deep breathe, she ran through the barrier. Within a heartbeat, she was standing at Platform nine and three quarters. The platform of so many memories. She pushed her trunks along the platform. She could see parents kissing their children goodbye, just like her parents used to kiss her, followed by a goodbye kiss from Mrs Weasley.

Locking away her old memories, she concentrated on the reality. She tried to heave her trunks through the doorstep. It was too heavy. Usually, Ron would've been the one to help her with the trunk, or Harry, or the Twins. She wiped her forehead with the back of her hand, and tried to lift it again.

"Need help?" She turned to see the owner of the voice standing behind her. He was a sandy haired boy with distinct sharp features, and amber coloured eyes. However, his facial features were marked by few scars across his face.

"Yes, sure I would...." Hermione grinned nervously at him. "I am Hermione Granger, you're....?"

"Remus Lupin" he said, confirming her guess. "Are you a transfer student?" He asked, heaving up her trunk.

"Yes. I'm going to start my seventh year." Hermione answered. "Thank you so much for the help."

"No problem." Remus smiled politely at her. "I'm going to start my seventh year as well. Hope we'll meet in school. It was nice meeting you, Hermione." He shook her hand.

"Same here." She smiled, and Remus walked away, probably to meet the other Marauders. Hermione dragged her trunk to find a compartment. She was alone this time, she'd find a place somewhere.

She opened a compartment door, which seemed less crowded than the others. She found three girls sitting there, who looked at her. The one besides the window was a girl with dark hair, and a really pretty face. The one besides her had blond hair and a face that reminded her a lot of Lavender Brown, as if she was just going to giggle. Sitting across both of them was a girl with brownish hair, and a heart shaped face. Her face seemed oddly familiar, but she couldn't put a finger on it.

"Er.... hello" Hermione said awkwardly, "can I have a seat here? Everywhere else is full."

"Sure" the heart faced girl said, scoping away to make space. Hermione sat down stiffly, and said- "T-thanks. I'm Hermione Granger, I transfer student."