Andromeda Tonks

A/n: I'm writing this on my phone so I can't use the fat letters but it doesn't matter. Here's chapter five! Please review!

***********************************************************************

'I just wish that I wouldn't need to do this stupid essay!' William groaned and slammed down his quill on the table close to the window in the library. 'It's stupid! I don't even care about history of magic.'

'Ok but keep quiet, or madam Pince'll kick us out,' Teddy answered and took up his books from his bag. 'Ok, do you have any notes from the lesson that could be good to have?'

William shook his head and yawned.

'Ok,' Teddy said. 'I didn't either. Um, I guess we could read about it...'

'What is it we're writing about now again?'

'Idiot,' Teddy muttered.

Then he suddenly heard some sort of tapping against the window. He looked and saw a great, brown owl. It was midget. Teddy opened the window and the owl landed in front of him.

William sighed. 'We don't have time for your owl now Ted. Transfiguration starts in twenty minutes! Do you know what we should write yet?'

'Shut up or I won't let you copy my essay,' Teddy said angrily and took the letter that sat around the owl's leg. He opened it and started to read.

Dear Teddy,

I have much I would like to write to you about, but I'll keep this letter short because it's quite important. It's about your grandmother Andromeda.

She was starting to feel ill a few weeks ago and it just kept getting worse and worse. We took her to st. Mungus three days ago. She mostly sleeps but when she doesn't she keeps asking for you. I really don't know what disease but I'm sure it will all be Ok.

Either way I think that Andromeda would be really happy to see you. I've talked to your head of house and she seemed Ok with that you come home on Friday morning and stay home over the weekend.

I'll meet you in the entrance hall at ten o'clock on Friday and then we can go to see your grandmother. I hope it's Ok with you. If it isn't please inform me as quickly as possible.

Good bye
Harry

Teddy stared at the letter. His grandmother was at the hospital. She was ill. He tried to push away the thought but still it kept nagging on him. What if she died? Tears burned in his eyes as he rose from his chair.

'I... I have to go,' he said and turned around. 'Tell McGonagall I'm late.'

'What about the essay?' William wondered.

Teddy could feel the anger and sadness grow inside of him. His grandmother could die and what Will was thinking about was their stupid homework. It all seemed so meaningless.

'Screw the bloody essay!' he yelled, years streaming down his cheeks as he rushed out of the library without his books or bag.

He walked quickly to the dorm, whipping his eyes over and over again. He felt mad on himself for crying all the time. It was when he thew himself down on his bed he remembered that he had forgotten all his things in the library, though he really couldn't care less.

He wanted to know that his grab was well, was fine. That she wouldn't die. What would happen if she did? Would Harry and Ginny allow him to live with them full time? Or would they put him in an orphanage? "Don't be stupid!" he told himself. "Of course the won't!" But then again, how could he be sure?

He just wished so badly that she would get well again.

............

Teddy sat with his godfather in the waiting room at st. Mungus, waiting for someone to tell them that it was Ok to go in to the room where his grandmother was. Teddy was bitting his nails and he knew that Harry understood how nervous he was.

'How long will we have to wait?' he asked and looked up at Harry who looked completely calm. Teddy envied him. He wished that he could be as calm, but he just couldn't stop worrying.

'Not long,' Harry assured him and lay an arm around Teddy's shoulder. Slowly he rubbed Teddy's arm in a very calming way.

Them a white dressed man with a stern look on his face.

'Visitors of Andromeda Tonks,' he said to Harry and Teddy. 'Please follow me.'

They walked up a few stairs through a few corridors and then the healer opened a door. The walked into the room. There were four beds inside. In one of the beds lay Andromeda.

'I'm very sorry to say that she isn't conscious at the moment. But you can still... well... sit next to her and so.' Then the healer walked out of the room.

Teddy walked over to his grandmother's bed together with Harry and sat down on a chair next to the bed. Andromeda was completely still, she could as well be dead already. She didn't move, she didn't say she loved him, she didn't pat his cheek.

'Harry,' Teddy mumbled.

Harry looked up from the old lady and smiled sadly at Teddy.

'Yes Ted?' he said.

'I just... well...' Teddy didn't know how to say it without making it sound very childish and silly. 'What will happen if she... if she dies?' he whispered quickly.

Harry sighed. The sad smile on his face fell of. 'She won't die Ted. I promise you. She won't die. Ok?'

'But say that she does. What'll happen?' Tears burned in his eyes again.

'If she would die you would live with us. Isn't that quite obvious?'

Teddy looked down on his knees. He felt very relived, even if he at the same time felt more scared than he had ever been. He didn't want to lose his grandmother.

'I'd like to leave,' he said after a while. He really couldn't stand seeing her like this. Unable to talk to him, to see him.

'Are you sure,' Harry asked surprised. 'But we just came.'

'Please,' Teddy said and stood up.

'Ok then, let's go home.'