xxv. | tony's son going against his father during civil war

*GIFs by me

The heavy, thick, highly secured metal door banged open

The heavy, thick, highly secured metal door banged open. After a tiring and long day, neither of them expected any visitor that sooner, but they weren't surprise to Tony entering the prison either. Not even Henry, who's allocated in the first cell. Upon seeing his father walking deeper, all healthy besides his arm slung on his shoulder, Henry's heart burn with a sight of Tony. He cannot explain how angry he is towards his father.

"Oh, look who decided to show up!" Henry said inside his cell. But good thing every prison cell was installed with microphones and speakers so that visitors and prisoners can communicate without being transferred to another room unless it's a private investigation. "Just right on time when as the news blow up about the airport fights. Guess you're the good giu now, huh? Standing outside of the cell. Looking innocent as if that would change a bit."

"Give me break, Henry. I'm still your father."

"Father or not, you sided with the people who killed my Mom!" Henry yelled behind the cell, looking sharply at Tony whose face was recovering from their last fight at the airport. Henry was one of the people who fought him and his teammates, though Henry didn't realise since when that they were two teams now.

"I just thought that would make peace with my past." Tony watched at his son pulling a face. "Hey, I love your Mom, too, okay? But when I decided to not be a vigilante anymore, I didn't think this will happen."

"Yeah, right. You didn't think this will happen. You said that many times before and things still happen pretty badly. Now Mom's gone. The Avengers are divided. I'm in jail! Was this how you dealt your life when you mother died?"

"HEY!" Tony raised a finger and pointed it at his son's face. He looked as if he was ready to shout and throw nasty things at Henry. He was struggling to be patient and Henry saw that, but Tony merely sighed after that. "Look, I know it's not a good time to apologise, but I'm sorry."

Henry shook his head. "No, you're not."

"I am, Henry. And I'm going for find Steve." Tony paused, didn't exactly know how to explain to his son about the life he's risking to fight Zemo. "Just giving you a heads up. Something tells me it might going to be a big change between us."

"Oh, yeah? Like this isn't a big change to us yet!"

Tony paused again. His eyes stayed on Henry, though he knows Henry doesn't like it when he does that to him. Every time he says he sees Henry that little boy playing pranks and football with his cool fathet, he gets embarrassed. Tony wonders if he still feel the same now that be's an adult.

Xxxx
November 2021