2 // invitation

1220.

"Jongin!"

Jongin stops in his tracks, trying to sink in the fact that a strangely familiar voice called him by his given name. It hasn't been a long time since someone called him by his name, but out of all people who did; this made him feel... something else.

"Kim Jongin!" It repeated, a little louder than the first, and so Jongin finally turned around and found the pale, petite guy he always thinks about, running towards his direction with the same cheeky smile.

Kyungsoo halted before him, catching his breath before speaking. "Hey."

"Hi," He can't help but smile back -- a thing he rarely did. Jongin couldn't believe how his body cheats on his mind. "Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo's eyes widened and so did his smile. "You remembered!"

"Of course." Jongin replied automatically, with which he himself is surprised. He never thought about the answer, but maybe his mind just tells him that it's obvious.

There was a short pause between them, where they just stared at each other, waiting. Kyungsoo tried to start, "Why are you out this late?"

"I was just... walking around..."

Jongin wondered why they fell silent again, worried if he said something wrong-- or if he didn't say something he should. So he continued, "How about you?"

"I was actually looking for you." Kyungsoo looked a little shy, but of course, Jongin wouldn't notice. He's more timid than the shorter guy in front of him.

He fought the urge to pull the smaller guy and squish him for being in such a cute state. So instead, he softly smiled. "Why?"

"It's been four days since I saw you and... I know we just know each other's names but... I'm alone this coming Sunday...and I was hoping... you are...I mean--"

"I am." Jongin reacted, the excitement and nervousness inside him invisible to Kyungsoo for they share the same thing. "I mean-- do you want me to accompany you?"

Kyungsoo slowly nods, not that sure if its normal to ask this stranger out just because he's cute and if its even more acceptable for Jongin to easily say yes. "Well, that is... if it's okay with you."

"Yeah. Sure."

They stood there, motionless, waiting for either of them to break the forming ice and finish the conversation. But who really would, if they both don't want yet to part?

"Would you want to have some coffee in my place?" Jongin asked. There's no harm in trying, right? He convinced himself.

Kyungsoo beamed, thanking the heavens for giving him all the luck today. "I love coffee." I'd love to be with you.

Jongin placed his hands in his coat pockets, walking leisurely with Kyungsoo right beside him, taking steps in the same pace. Their elbows were touching, and for the first time, they're closer than they were in the elevator. For the first time, he admitted that this is it-- he's into that 'something new' and 'something interesting' his boss wanted him to find.

Kyungsoo.

"Hmm...tidy." Kyungsoo commented as he entered the apartment, following Jongin's lead. Jongin switched the lights on and Kyungsoo admired the place-inhaling the manly scent, memorizing the black and white colors. "You've got a nice home."

"Thanks," Jongin rubbed the back of his neck, glad if he somehow gave Kyungsoo a good impression. He hopes he did. "Feel at home."

"Of course, thank you." Kyungsoo instantly wore the white cotton slippers resting by the door, laughing as he went on and sat on Jongin's white sofa.

"Do you want anything warm?" Jongin asked, with which Kyungsoo's brows arched. "I mean a drink. Since it's cold."

"Didn't you offer me coffee?" Kyungsoo replied with a teasing smile. How he loves coffees. And warm hugs. From warm people. "White please."

"Ah yes." Jongin just smiled again. He realized he's pretty amused today, and it's because of the same reason in the past few days. Kyungsoo. "Coming up!"