PENNY X MARU

(My attempt at a short little story on a stardew valley ship, might do some more of these if I don't get given any ideas)

Penny's POV:

12pm and she's not here. She's always here. What could possibly be keeping her. I fiddle with my necklace and wait patiently. There's got to be a logical explanation. I've seen most of the town go past yet no sight of her yet. Just when i think all hope is lost i see her make her way over to the bench. Looking as gorgeous as ever is Maru.

Maru's POV:

Can't believe I'm late. All i needed to do was show up on time yet i had to end up late. I don't even know what it is, some sort of date?

"Hey I'm so sorry for being late." I apologise.

"Its fine. I'm glad your here now. You had me worried that you weren't going to show." She exhales.

We sit and chat for what felt like 5 minutes but in reality was multiple hours. As she continues to talk i get distracted by her appearance. Her bright red hair shines in the daylight and her eyes glisten. I notice that she is still dressed in her usual outfit for teaching but she still looks beautiful either way. She is decorated in all sorts of rings and other jewellery. The necklace i brought her when she was my secret person for the feast of the winter star last year. I've seen her wear it every day since.

The atmosphere fell silent as we both felt as if there was a specific conversation that we should be having. Neither know exactly what to say yet over time our hands become intertwined as we stay put on the same bench we have sat on together day in day out.