Year 1 chapter 6

Draco Malfoy, HOGWARTS GREAT HALL

After the sorting, Dumbledore stood up from his seat, his face beaming and his arms open wide, "Welcome!" he said, "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! before we begin, I would like to say a few words: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Thank you!"

He finally sat down and everyone clapped, "He's the best wizard in the world!" Hermione smiled.

"He sure is..." Draco sneered, helping himself with the dishes in front of him, soon the desserts appeared.

Apple pie and trifle immediately became Draco's favorite.

"I'm half-and-half," Terry said, "My dad's a muggle."

"I'm a muggle-born..." Hermione said nervously, Draco nodded absently.

"Pureblood, part of sacred 28, although I wasn't introduced properly to the Wizarding World," Draco joined.

"Sacred 28?"

"The twenty-eight British families that were still "truly pure-blood" by the 1930s," he answered.

Draco glanced back into the High Table again, Professor Snape was talking to someone who wore an absurd purple turban.

A sudden sharp, hot pain shot through Draco's head.

"Ow!" he winced.

"You okay?" Terry looked at him with a worried expression, Draco nodded, whilst rubbing his forehead. "Just a headache."

"Who's that?" he asked, "The person who's talking to Professor Snape."

"Professor Quirrell, I believe— our teacher in Defense Against the Dark Arts."

The food disappeared, Dumbledore stood from his seat once again and everyone fell silent. "A few start-of-term notices to give you.

First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils.

"I have also been asked by Mr. Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors.

"Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term. Anyone interested should contact Madam Hooch.

"And finally, the third-floor corridor on the right side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death."

Draco rolled his eyes, "Ridiculous."

"Before we go to bed, let us sing the school song!"

Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald,
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling,
With some interesting stuff,
For now, they're bare and full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff,
So teach us things worth knowing,
Bring back what we've forgotten,
Just do your best, we'll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot.

"A magic beyond all we do here! Off you go!"

The Ravenclaw first years followed the prefect out of the Great Hall, up to the Ravenclaw tower. Draco ignored the portraits pointing and whispering at him whilst he's too tired to bother.

"Here we are," the prefect announced.

The eagle statue in front of them asked a riddle: "What is always in front of you but can't be seen?"

"The future," Terry answered and the eagle statue moved.

"Alright, boys dormitory on the left— while girls are on the right. Always go back before curfew, and if you have more questions, you may see us at the common room," with that, they left.

"I'll see you both tomorrow, good night," Hermione waved goodbye, Draco nodded, "Good night."

"Sucks, we're not roommates," Terry whined, the blond only laughed, "It's alright Terry, we can visit each other's dorm rooms."

"Alright, alright, I'll see you tomorrow! nighty-night!"

Draco entered his dorm room, five four-posters hung with deep blue, velvet curtains. "Hello! I'm Anthony, Anthony Goldstein."

"Godfrey Midhurst."

"Christopher Hemsley."

Draco smiled, "Draco Malfoy."

The three boys eyed him before continuing their conversation, the blond sighed in relief whilst he layed on his four-poster bed after he changed his clothes, he felt tired and full. He closed his curtains and immediately fell asleep, Aether purring beside him.

-

unedited.

The names are written aren't my oc, they're from the Harry Potter game.