Chapter 15: "...the same love I felt for my own soulmate."

Y/N POV:

I stood in front of the silent coolers at the flower shop, looking at the flowers in front of me.  Earlier in the evening, a car had crashed into a pole, taking out the power to the entire block, including my apartment and the flower shop.  The flowers we had spent so many hours arranging had wilted quickly in the closed up coolers, the lack of fresh air on the fresh cut flowers quickly turning them a dejected shade of brown.  Hoseok stood next to me, his hand holding tightly to mine as I stared at the mess that was in front of me.  Along with the arrangements and bouquets for the wedding, the fresh flowers I kept in other coolers had suffered the same fate.

"Oh Daisy.  I'm... I'm so sorry."  Hoseok's voice was gentle as he spoke and I could hear the sincerity in it, hear the sorrow he was feeling for me.  "Is... is there anything we can do?  Anything I can do?"

Although grateful for his offer, I shook my head.  The wedding was tomorrow and there was no way I would be able to redo all the arrangements and bouquets.  And that was even if I had the flowers in stock again.  The orchids Serena had requested were rare and there was no way I would be able to get them in time.  "I... I don't know what to do.  They're... they're ruined and I... I just don't know."  The tears slid down my cheeks, leaving salty trails of sadness and worry.

I was terrified what this would do to my business.  Serena had threatened already to have me closed down and I knew that this was going to be the final nail in the coffin of her hatred fro me.  There was no way she was going to let me live this one down.  I knew right away that once she got wind of this, the shop I had worked so hard to open, to build would come crashing down around me.  Once Serena got something in her mind, there was no going back, no turning around.  If she were intent on destroying me, it would only be too easy for her to do.

Hoseok turned me to face him, his free hand moving up to wipe the tears from my cheeks.  In the dim light coming through the window from the slowly rising sun, I could see the grief on his face for me, for what had happened and the concern he showed for me made the hurt in my heart lessen by a tad.  "We'll figure something out.  I don't... I don't know what yet, but we will.  We're going to figure this out."

I let out a sigh and turned away from Hoseok, moving away from his touch.  "I appreciate the positivity Hobi, I really do, but... but you don't understand.  These orchids," I waved my hands at the flowers, "these are rare and had to be special ordered months ago.  There's... there's no way of fixing this."  Moving over to the front of the shop, I stepped out into the cool autumn air and pulled out my phone, knowing I needed to call Kai and let him know.  He would be just as hurt as me, just as worried.

As I stood there, listening to the phone ring on the other end, the dark street lamps came to life, along with the hums and whirrs from the shops around me.  I turned to my own shop and saw the CLOSED sign relit in the window.  The phone connecting to voicemail pulled me back to what I was doing and I disconnected the call, knowing this was not the kind of conversation to leave as a message. 

"Of course the power would come back on when it's too late."  I let out another frustrated sigh then tucked my phone back into my jacket pocket.  Pulling open the door, I stepped back into the shop and made my way back towards the back of the shop.  Hoseok was still standing in front of the coolers.  He turned at my entrance and I didn't miss the tiny smile on his face.  Looking at the coolers, my mouth dropped open in shock.  The flowers, the ones that I had just seen wilted, were full of their original color and life, looking just as perfect as they did when we placed them in the coolers last night.  "W-what... what happened?"

Hoseok shrugged.  "I don't know.  I was coming out to you when the lights came back on.  When I turned around, they were like this."  He wrapped an arm around me and pulled me close.  "Maybe they weren't as bad as you thought they were."