01 [Pink polaroid camera]

══════ • ❀ • ══════

Polaroid Love [니키]
01 [Pink polaroid camera]

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

Oh my gosh I remember now this is so embarrassing.

"Oh uhm, yes? Sorry about that. Uh what's your name?" I asked trying to drift the topic hoping he won't bring it up anymore.

How embarrassing Choi Jihye.

"Seriously? You don't know my name? Huh, how upsetting," the boy said as he crossed his arms leaving me clueless.

Huh?

"Pardon?" was the only thing that came out my mouth as I was still wondering who he was.

Am I this forgetful now? Aish I'm not that old to be forgetful though!

"It's me Jihye! Ni-ki, Nishimura Riki. You know, you're very first friend in elementary?" he excitedly introduced himself as I was still processing what was going on.

Ni-ki? The cute little  kid who gave me a pink polaroid camera? Ah that makes sense! That's probably why he knew my name earlier in the bus.

"Ni-ki? The one who gave me the pink polaroid camera?" I asked as he laughed and nodded his head.

"Ah Ni-ki! I didn't recognize you. You look, you look uhm, bigger that usual?" I said, trying to come up with an excuse as my arms were wide open ready for a hug but he just laughed at my reaction.

"Yeah, unlike you who didn't grow," he said while patting my head while laughing.

"Hey! You just arrived and here you are teasing me again. Meany," I said as I furrowed my eyebrows and pouted while he's still laughing at me.

Oh you just wait I'll grow taller!

"Okay okay c'mon, we need to take those pictures now," he said as I just sighed and opened my camera.

As we were taking pictures together it was very quiet, hmm peaceful.

Well Ni-ki decided to break the ice.

"Jihye-ssi," he said out of nowhere making me shocked.

"Yeah?" I said as I faced him and put down my camera.

"You've still got that camera I gave you?" he asked as I tried to remember where I put it.

"Ah the pink one? Of course! Why would I lose it? Why do you ask?" I answered while having a smile attached on both of our faces.

"Did you bring it by any chance?" he asked me and put down his camera.

"Uhm I think so? I bring it everywhere so it may be in my bag. Why?" I asked as he took a quick shot of the two squirrels that were sitting on a branch of a tree.

"Maybe we can make new memories together?" he asked me with a weak smile on his face.

What's with that smile of his?

"Sure! It's been a while," I said and I flashed him a smile and took a picture of daffodils I saw in front of us.

Huh, why didn't I see these earlier? They would've been a good background for the picture I took.

(a/n: if y'all know the meaning of daffodils then it'll be a great help to figure out the meaning of that part ^3^)

"Okay everybody times up!" A girl shouted out of nowhere making me look back at our camp site's direction.

"Eh? I only took 5," Ni-ki complained while looking at his camera with furrowed eyebrows making me giggle.

"Well good for you, I only took 2," I replied as there was moment of silent until we both bursted into laughter again.