002

——— AUTHOR'S NOTE: hi everyone :D

-

It had been a few days since that little day out Y/N had with Jun-ho and that encounter with Ji-ae. Now, she sat on a chair inside the police station, phone in her hand as she waited for said man.

Before you jump into conclusions, no, she didn't get into trouble. In fact, Y/N had come to the police's building bringing snacks she had brought for Jun-ho and his colleagues. She wasn't close with them, but they do have an enough friendship that they were comfortable around each other.

"Look, officer. You've gotta realize what a massive deal all of this was."

A tall man wearing a jacket and adorning a cap could be heard, waving his hands around as he tries to convince the cop to believe his words. "I know it sounds crazy."

He had been there for a few minutes just running his mouth, but Y/N didn't bother to step in, only opting to listen from the seat she sat on. Sang-hyeok, the officer behind the front desk, was clearly growing tired of him though.

He was about to speak further, but Sang-hyeok stops him with a hand. "Okay, sir. So you're saying that your kidnappers rounded up hundreds of people and had them play a game, then went out there and shot the ones who lost."

The man, seemingly in his early fifties, listens to him with wide eyes.

"Is that right?"

"Yeah." He confirms strongly. "And they didn't just shoot one or two. Those people had no mercy. They killed more than 200!" He says frantically, throwing his hands everywhere.

Though Y/N didn't believe him, she found the story quite interesting. But who was she to judge? She was the type of person who daydreams about many things instead of doing something productive.

"What game was it then?" Sang-hyeok asks, looking up at the man as he leans back in his chair.

Said man places his hands on the desk between them, leaning on them as he speaks. "You know Red Light, Green Light?"

Jin-woo, another cop who was standing by a table while he poured himself a cup of coffee, intriguingly turns his head towards them as he hears the words leave the man's mouth.

"Wait, that's for kids. Is that what they made you play?" Sang-hyeok questions.

"Yes." The man nods firmly.

"And they forced adults to do it?" He questions again.

"I know how it sounds." The other responds, face scrunched up in frustration.

"And then they shot everyone who got caught?"

"How many more times do you want me to say it?" He inquires, starting to get annoyed.

"Mister."

The tall male turns to Jin-woo, the latter comfortably holding a cup of coffee for himself.

"So where did they do it? Where's the place they were killed?" He interrogates.

"They had me knocked unconscious, so how could I know? I said I don't have any freaking clue." The man defends. 

"Then give us the killer's description." Jin-woo counters.

"They all had these masks on the whole we were there." The other responds, waving a hand in front of his face as to symbolize a mask. His frustration grew as every second of them not believing him passed.

Bewilderingly, Jin-woo questions. "Then, wait, how did you manage to get out?"

"Hey, look, the players came together and put it to a vote. And since the majority wanted to leave—"