38

The whole Roy Chowdhury mansion was in an uproar when the watchman gave the news of Aniruddh leaving in rage. No one knew where he went...

Bondita had not left her bed this morning. No one could make her say anything. No sign of her pati babu yet. She felt like her hope was slipping with each second he was not by her side.

They had looked for him in whole Tulsipur but no one knew anything.

Just that something had happened between him and Bondita. He had taken a lathi with him too.

Trilochan knew. He had received a call from Thakuma before noon where she left the matter regarding Chandrachur out. But was informed he left long ago.
Everyone was disturbed.

But Bondita, she was facing it the worst of all. She was listening to all the shouting and chater going up in haveli, clutching her pillow to her chest in a desperate attempt to hold someone...be held. She had been slipping in and out of the sleep which was the result of exhaustion due to all the crying. She had had nothing to eat. At a point she felt so disturbed that she prayed Dugga maa to make her fall asleep...maybe for a few minutes, maybe a day...maybe till her Pati Babu comes back.

Koyeli knew her malikin needed her. Bahu raniji was in this condition because she decided to interfere. She should not have. She had lost the little malikin's trust. And she had a good reason for it. She needed to atleast ask for forgiveness, try to make her feel better.

" Bahu raniji " Koyeli stood by Bondita's head. " I am sorry, it is all because of me. I...I told him that you were worried but ...but only because I...

Sampoorna entered with a plate of porridge and water for Bondita. " Bondita eat something." She said as soon as she reached the door. " Bondita..." she came closer to the bed, opposite side to where Koyeli was.
Sampoorna had never seen Bondita so broken ever. She could never imagine Bondita to be this lost a case. She had gone through much but never before she gave up. But today she looked like she had even given up the will to open her eyes...as if the reality was hurting her.

It was hurting Bondita. Reality that when she opens her eyes he won't be there. She didn't want to open them...she didn't want to believe she was left alone.

" You will get sick" Sampoorna again tried to talk to her. " You can share with me if there is something." She asked softly.

Sampoorna was the last person right now she wanted to talk to. The fact that had everything been good as before Sampoorna destroyed it, Bondita would have shared her sorrows, grief, fear with her sister but she was not even a good human.

Bondita knew Koyeli was standing near her. She got up and threw her arms around Koyeli. She really needed support. Not from Sampoorna though. Bondita held on to the white saree of her frightened and confused servent. Sampoorna was a little hurt or insulted, she couldn't tell. She remembered when Bondita used to hug her like that, cry to her about her problems. It was all in the past. But today looking at her crying sister, she felt bad. Maybe it was her pregnancy making her sensitive. But who knows. She never was like this before she got widowed and had her mother spoil her mind. She had started to miss those days. Days when there was someone to laugh with her, cry with her. Someone like her sister.
" Koyeli, make her eat something." She kept the plate in the room and went away.

" Sorry bahu raniji " Koyeli was feeling guilty for the state the little girl was in.

" He left Koyeli !!!" Bondita cried hugging her. Her arms tightened around her. She knew Koyeli had told him the truth before Koyeli confessed but she was not angry at her. She knew Koyeli only meant to help and was glad for the help she got. Bondita was scared of what was happening to her, the bleeding, the cramps, the probability of a pregnancy. She knew she was being a coward in not telling him and was somewhere thankful Koyeli stepped up when she had no one.