Chapter 3

"GET UP MAZURII!"

"Six already ?"

"Yes , six already , get up ."

"UGGG." I groaned as I pushed myself off my bed . 

"Frank's gonna drop you and I'll come along for the drive , you're flight's at 7."

"How did you get my flight booked so quickly ?"

"Your aunt did everything , she'll carry you shopping for clothes when you're all settled in  ."

"Shopping?"

"Yeah , you know that's how she's like , go bathe and get ready , we'll get you some food and stuff  ."

Cold water bashing against my back , the morning breeze and  sad feelings rushing through  my body. 

"Hurry up in there Mazuri !"

"Coming out now mum."

I rushed out of the bathroom and slipped on my clothes  . Picked up my mini suitcase and hurried out of the door . 

"Our Zur's going away Chert ."

"Yes she is ."

"I'm gonna miss you kiddo ." Frank said , while rubbing my head roughly .

"I'll miss you more Franky ."

"Save your goodbyes for later guys , let's go get some food ."

"Where am I taking you guys ?"

"Taco bell?"

"Uhh , I guess , anything is fine with me ."

"You're gonna be eating at boujee places now."

"Shut up, i'm not ."

We ate food and picked up some ice-cream .

"I guess this is your stop. "

"Aren't you guys waiting with me ." I questioned . 

"No , Frank has a shift and so do I  , I can't be late for my first day on the job ."

"I can't believe I'm leaving you mumma ."

"Come on , you're gonna make me feel sad, and I'm not suppose to be sad , you're gonna have a much better life there . "

"What is life without you ? I'm gonna miss you so so so much ma."

"I'm gonna miss ya  more bug ."

"I love you ."

"I love you more Mazuri ,come here ."

I held onto her and squeezed  her as tight as ever . 

"I love you to Zur , gonna miss waiting for you to get on the bus every morning , because your lazy  ass would miss your alarm ."

"Bye Franky , love you ."

They both walked out of the airport , waving goodbye and sending kisses  . I  waited  until my flight was ready and made my way onto the escalator looking down  , thinking to myself that this  was it, I was leaving my life behind , literally in the blink of an eye   , my life was changing right in front of me and everything that i'd ever known . 

"Mazuri-Lee Evans  ?"

"That's me ."

"Come on love."

My flight to Cali was five hours . I was so scared to meet Cherry , her husband and her  children , we've never spoken or even meet each other  before . I wondered what she was like and how was California . This was   the first time that I travelling , and it was  kind of scary , but also really amazing  , seeing all the clouds and being that high above . 

"Hey dear  , you're here ."

"OH , I'm sorry ."

"It's okay , let me get you off ."

With drool plastered all over my face , I came off the plane and made my way to the front of the airport , and there they were . Standing all together with a huge sign . 

"WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA ZURII ."

Zuri? What even ? No one even calls me that . Even though Cherry was taking me in , it still didn't make up for her abandoning my mum and I after all these years . 

"Welcome Zuri !!"

"Hi." I  replied . 

"This is your cousin Levi and this is Luke ."

"Hi    , i'm Mazuri  , which I can see that  you guys already know "

"This is my husband Liam , you can call him uncle , and we're  so happy that you're here , we've been really busy  preparing for you , the second Chert called and said you were coming ."

"Thank you ."

"Let's sign this form  and get you home ."

They looked expensive , they all wore pastel colors  and matching gucci belts and Cherry and Liam had  matching gucci wallets . Meanwhile I was in sweats and a tee . 

"Alright , let's get you home Zuri ."

I felt out of place already . I regretted moving here already . 

"You come with me  and Luke and Liam will go with their dad."