Chapter 2

The truck arrived with their belongings as Marty unpacked and arranged their new home. Marty logged onto the Internet to look for a job. After scanning over hundreds of possible jobs, she came across an administration assistant at a casino in Pine Valley. Submitting her resume to the casino's website, Marty was surprised to receive a call for an interview just minutes after her submitting her resume.

"Hello?" Marty answered her cell.

"Yes, this is Zack Slater." Zack said, when Marty answered. "I'm the CEO of Cambias Industries, who runs the Casino where you applied. Can you come in for an interview in one hour?"

"Yes, I can." Marty said, nearly jumping at her first offer.

"Great." Zack said. "I'll see you in one hour."

Marty thank Zack for the interview and hung up her call. She had to get ready for her interview.

"Cole, can you watch Brianna?" Marty asked him, who was Skyping with Starr. "I just got an interview for a job."

"Yes, mom." Cole said, who quickly went back to Skyping with Starr.

As soon as Marty got ready for her interview, she said good-bye to Cole and Brianna and left the house.

Marty arrived at the casino and easily found a parking spot near the entrance. As soon as she parked the car, Marty headed inside the casino.

"Hello, may I assist you in any way." Lily Montgomery asked Marty as soon as she walked in.

"Yes, my name is Marty Saybrooke and I have an interview with a Zack Slater?" Marty told Lily.

"Ah, yes, Marty Saybrooke." Lily said, remembering what Zack told her. "Zack said to send you on up to his office as soon as you arrived."

Lily gave Marty directions to Zack's office, and after thanking Lily for her help, walked up the stairs to Zack's office.

Zack was just coming back to his office when Marty arrived at his office.

"Marty?" Zack said, when he got to his door.

"Yes, I am." Marty said.

"You're a little early." Zack said. "But come in and we will get started with the interview."

Zack was instantly taken with Marty and was pleased with her efficiency during the interview. Zack hired her on the spot and told Marty her first day was tomorrow.

As Marty was about to leave the casino, happy that she found a job so quickly, Lily yelled after her.

"Ms. Saybrooke!"

"Yes." Marty said, turning at the sound of her voice.

"Mr. Slater wanted me to give you these." Lily said, giving her a complimentary ticket for dinner at the casino for her and her children, who Zack managed to pry out of Marty during the interview.

Marty thanked Lily and went home to get Cole and Brianna so they could have dinner at the Casino.

As soon as Marty left, Zack came down the stairs, and thanked Lily for a job well done.

Zack had plans for Marty that night.