Chapter 66

2 years later.

Yeri sat at the table while writing something in her diary.

"Today is my 7th year working with the royal family as Prince Sehun's maid. Over the last few years, a lot of things have happened around me. If only I could tell all those things in this diary, there would certainly not be enough pages for me to write them all down. I can't tell all those things here because it's their personal problem. Let it all be memories for them."

"I'm happy to see Sehun and Chorong now. They live happily with their two children, Kim Sejun and Oh Aeri. Although they are both half-siblings, but Sehun's affection for Sejun has never faded. He treats Sejun like his own son. I still can't believe Sejun is now 4 years old and his younger sister Aeri is now 2 years old. They have grown up so fast."

"About Princess Hayoung, I heard she was in her second pregnancy. I saw her and her husband Taehyung living happily with their daughter, Kim Taerin. I have met them at Sejun's birthday party last month. I just found out that Aeri and Taerin are the same age. Their dates of birth are only a few months apart. I'm pretty sure they will be good friends when they grow up."

"A woman named Rachel who changed her identity as Naeun, she was arrested by the police after the incident at their friend's wedding back then. I'm relieved to see she's been arrested. She deserves a sentence in that prison because she has ruined the lives of so many people. Because of her, so many people including Junmyeon oppa suffered a lot."

"During these 7 years, I have heard so many painful stories. The most painful was the news of Junmyeon oppa's death. My cousin who I consider a brother is gone. He didn't survive the surgery. After he was confirmed dead, the doctor said before he underwent surgery, he was in critical condition. So the chance for him to survive was invisible. Why did he leave me without saying goodbye?"

"It's been 2 years he's gone. Chorong doesn't even know about this until now. Sehun kept this secret from Chorong because he didn't want what happened before to happen again. He doesn't want to lose her again. I don't know until when he wants to keep this a secret from her. I hope he can help her soothe that deep sense of loss after she found out about this."

Yeri couldn't hold back her tears. She let the tears flow down her cheeks. She feels so grief over the loss of her beloved cousin Junmyeon. She stopped writing and cried.

Flashback.

At the funeral hall.

Yeri just arrived with Sehun and Jaemin. They entered the altar room when they saw Junmyeon's family, her cousins Taeyeon and Namjoo were crying. They greeted Junmyeon's family and bowed.

Then, Yeri walked toward to the portrait of the late Junmyeon and put a chrysanthemum on the altar. She took a few moments of silence. She tried to hold back her tears.

Then, she bowed to the portrait of the late Junmyeon and put her one hand on top of the other and raised them to eye-height, after which she knelt and bowed until she reached the floor.

Sehun and Jaemin also did the same thing as Yeri did. Sehun looked at the portrait of the late Junmyeon while trying to hold back his tears.

"Rest In Peace, Junmyeon. Wishing you comfort and peace. May God take care of you and watch over you."

Without realizing it, tears flowed down his cheeks. He looked down and closed his eyes. He tried to accept the fact that Junmyeon was gone.

"Junmyeon oppa... My heart is saddened by your loss."

Yeri couldn't hold back her tears then she cried. She tried to stop crying but she couldn't. Tears didn't stop flowing down her cheeks.

Jaemin who was standing on the side looked at Yeri who was crying. He felt sad and tried to hold back his tears. He had never seen his best friend cry so badly.

...

Sehun just returned home. He opened the door and took off his shoes. He went to the living room when he saw Sejun was playing his toys. He walked towards Sejun then he sat down next to him.

He stroked Sejun's hair gently. He tried to hold back his tears as he looked at Sejun. Chorong suddenly came.

"Are you home?" Chorong asked.

Sehun looked up to see Chorong. He nodded.

"Where's Yeri? Isn't she supposed to go home with you?" Chorong asked.

"She has important business. She's taking a week off starting tomorrow." said Sehun.

"Oh..."

"Have you eaten?" Chorong asked.

"I've eaten with Jaemin earlier." said Sehun.

"Then, you look after Sejun for a while. I want to have dinner." said Chorong.

Sehun nodded. Chorong smiled. She was about to leave when Sehun suddenly grabbed her hand. She turned her back. Sehun stood up. He held Chorong's hand as he looked at her.

"Chorong, I want you to promise me." said Sehun.

"What is it?" Chorong asked.

"Please don't leave me again." said Sehun with his watery eyes.

"What are you talking about? There's no way I want to leave you again. I'm going to give birth to your child soon. So, I need you to be by my side later." said Chorong.

Sehun looked at Chorong's baby bump. He thought what Chorong said was right. Then, he looked back at Chorong with sorrowful eyes. He couldn't hold back his tears.

"Why are you crying?" Chorong asked.

Sehun suddenly hugged Chorong. Chorong was a bit surprised by Sehun's sudden action.

"I'm sorry, Chorong. I'm really sorry." Sehun cried.

Chorong wondered. She didn't understand why her husband suddenly cried and apologized to her.

"Lend me your shoulder for a moment." said Sehun.

Chorong nodded. Then, Sehun leaned his head on Chorong's shoulder. Chorong could hear Sehun crying. Then, she patted Sehun's back gently.

Flashback ends.
.
.
.
To be continued...

Do you feel sad that Junmyeon is gone? I feel sad too..

To be honest, I cried a lot when I wrote this chapter. I don't know how you feel when you read this chapter. I think you must feel how I feel. I'm sorry for making you cry.

True. Junmyeon will never come back again. He's died. Apparently he knows until when he can live. That's why he borrowed Chorong and Sejun for 3 days. He knew he would die after that. I still can't believe he's died.

Will Chorong know about Junmyeon's death? How would she react when she found out about this?

Don't forget to vote and comment.
Thank you.