chapter 7 (폴라로이드-러브)

ni-ki was so excited for the annual trip that he even got himself a polaroid camera

jake, to be honest, was astonished for he had never seen his baby brother this excited before? atleast not in the last decade. his face was always gloomy or tear stained.

now the little boy swayed in motion, flicking his long blond hair and doing turns all around the hall. he was so happy. turns out ni-ki really wanted to change himself and he wasn't the badboy he wanted himself to be.

he was happy. he was more happy that he had someone who can make him smile like no one does.

"woah woah woah nisco calm down!" jake tried to hold his brother "pull yourself together"

"hyung hyung i am so happy... you know sunoo hyung is coming too... i am so happy" ni-ki exclaimed

"ni-ki san calm down you'll fall sick again. ni-ki!" jake looked concerned. the lines on his forehead strengthened when he mentioned you'll fall sick.

but he looked at ni-ki who was smiling like it was the best day of his life.

"kawaii" he mumbled under his breath

jake didn't realise that a tear escaped his eyes. ni-ki knew he would be there around 12 months more but little did he know that it was going to be just 5 months.

"jaeyun!" jake was stopped on his way by choi soobin, the doctor's son- who walked towards jake to hand him over ni-ki's reports.

soobin didn't have a pleasant look on his face anymore. jake opened the envelope and read it thoroughly. they knew about what was going to happen- yet they had to prepare themselves for the worst.

"the treatment isn't working again?" jake asked only to get a nod from soobin.

"how many months left?"

"five"

tear escaped jake's eyes. he was mad at ni-ki for causing trouble at school, but he wanted to curse himself for not being able to be an ideal brother for ni-ki. ni-ki meant everything to him. jake had been doing part-time shifts to pay for ni-ki's treatment, skipping his own food- even when he knew that his brother wouldn't survive.

he loved his brother. a lot. only ni-ki wasn't aware.

"earth to jaeyun hyung!" ni-ki was now hugging his brother, jake on the other hand took ni-ki's small face in the palm of his hand.

"you know ni-ki ... keep smiling, smile looks good on you"

"jaeyun hyung are you crying?" ni-ki asked concerned to which jake shook his head saying a no.

ofcourse he was crying dummy :)

"jaeyun hyung, five months right?" ni-ki said while chuckling

jake was taken aback because he didn't tell ni-ki anything regarding it.

"how did you-"

"i saw the envelope on your table" ni-ki smiled "its alright, lets enjoy this time we have together"

it was strange seeing ni-ki saying these things.

"kim sunoo really changed you" jake said smirking at his brother to which ni-ki gave him a slight push on the chest.

"ni-ki, you look so in love mister" jake laughed "congratulations"

"hyung what are you saying? its not like that" ni-ki said smiling, blushing, chuckling everything together. poor kid.

"the blush on your face says otherwise" jake was now leaning against the table, with folded arms when he said that.