chapter 5 (폴라로이드-러브)

"yaa ni-ki!" sunoo screamed at the blond who stood with his back against the locker, with heeseung and sunoo

"yaa ni-ki!" sunoo screamed at the blond who stood with his back against the locker, with heeseung and sunoo. ni-ki looked up and smiled at sunoo.

"tf is this sudden character development?" sunghoon nudged at heeseung's arm, who shrugged in response. gone case.

"how are you now?" ni-ki asked as he slung his bag on one shoulder and looked at the shorter boy.

"i'm better now. thanks to you and your soup"

he realized sunoo was really small in height compared to him, he found it cute so he ruffled the older's hair.

"yaa~" sunoo mumbled lowly which made ni-ki laugh.

"how did this happen?" sunghoon pointed between sunoo and ni-ki and heeseung nodded, giving a similar skeptical look.

"we're friends now" sunoo said spreading his arms apart like they were his wings. made ni-ki smile again.

"sunoo hyung, you can walk to the class i'm catching up with you in a minute or two" ni-ki said lowering himself down to sunoo's height, so that he could look into his eyes.

sunoo nodded and walked away from the trio. ni-ki was about to walk off too but sunghoon grabbed him by his hand.

"-and where are you going?"

"to the class?" ni-ki mumbled in his usual low tone.

"sure- but after summarising the number of chapters we missed" heeseung said in an offended tone.

"chapters? what?" ni-ki looked at their faces, shocked.

"chapter kim sunoo"

"oh" ni-ki smiled "i took care of him for he fell sick because of me. i felt sorry for hurting him so i wanted to repay with goodness, nothing much"

"yeah, nothing much- thats why that lad who came two days ago makes you smile more than we, who have been friends with you for over a lifetime do" heeseung said.

boom. baaam. boom.

"he's again smiling. shameless" sunghoon nudged ni-ki

"are you in love or what bestie?" heeseung chuckled

ni-ki could feel his cheeks heat up. wtf was happening? you can't fall for someone you just met whatthefuck.

"there's no love... he'll hit sunoo again when he calls him by his real name" sunghoon muttered harshly.

ni-ki's face fell dark.

would he really do that? he has been dismissing everyone who called him by his real name.

"right, if you hate me so much- give up that first name that i gave you. i don't really need a sick son with me. i had enough. you're literally no one without my name. you're just a brat who is ill. huh"

ni-ki sat against the doorframe, holding his bleeding nose in one hand. his face was tear stained. his family barring jaeyun, abused him for suffering from cancer. they knew he would be dying anyways so what was the use of treating him well.

the family was facing terrible financial crisis and with ni-ki's disease that increased to ten times the usual. his dad ran away and never came back. his mom rebuked him for being diseased and gave all the allowance and attention to jaeyun.

ni-ki was already dead inside out, before cancer could kill him. he lost his smile and turned into a vengeful boy who would do anything to get what he wants- since he was devoid of those.

he hated his mom. to which, even more, he started hating his family name- he hated it so much that he initially came to be known as ni-ki.

he would denounce, hit, quarrel and yell at people who would call him by his name.

he hated it so much.

ni-ki was lost in thought for sometime and when he came back to his sense he found himself staring at the ground.

"ni-ki!!"

he heard the same shrill voice. it was sunoo. he was waving at the younger from the doorway motioning him to come inside since the teacher would be arriving any moment. ni-ki didn't spare a glance at heeseung and sunghoon before following sunoo's voice.

"hyung" sunghoon exclaimed to heeseung, looking at ni-ki's direction.

"i think he's in love"

"that's not possible- you can't just love someone you met... maybe infatuation?"

"hmm, can be. lets go"

 lets go"