chapter 6 (폴라로이드-러브)

"SCHOOL TRIP?!"

"SCHOOL TRIP?!"

the entire class exclaimed in unison. the annual year school trip.

"yes, to jeju-do. all of you will be provided consent forms,we'll be leaving for the trip day after tomorrow. bring the forms that day"

the teacher fixed her glasses, gave the students one last stare and left the classroom. as soon as she left, students got up from their seats and started discussing about the event.

"are you going?" sunoo asked, bringing ni-ki back to his consciousness. ni-ki wasn't allowed to go somewhere far which is why he never went for annual school trips. but this year, he wished to go... since it was his last year.

ofcourse who would say him otherwise? his mom stayed in washington now, she barely called or texted ...at a point ni-ki even thought that she might have blocked him or something.

"perhaps" ni-ki played with his fingers while looking down at the desk "are you going?"

"yess!" sunoo exclaimed with a glint of sun falling on his beautiful hazel eyes, making them sparkle even more. ni-ki felt an urge to ruffle the older's hair again because he looked so pretty- even in school attire.

strange. was he falling for someone he just met few days ago-?

two girls approached ni-ki and took his hands in their's. its a common gesture for ni-ki but it was quite alien to sunoo.

"ni-ki,you're coming right?!!" they gleamed in joy almost doing a dance stance infront of sunoo and ni-ki.

ni-ki smiled and nodded at them.

"who are they?" sunoo asked ni-ki as soon as the ladies made their way out of their sight

"they confessed to me last year" ni-ki chuckled, but sunoo didn't.

"wow, atleast you get people who confess to you"

that was shocking.

"you were never proposed by someone before?" ni-ki asked turning to face sunoo.

right, they ended their fights and were now sitting next to eachother.

"i'm not pretty" he said looking down with a sigh

"who the fuck said that?!"  ni-ki's raised his voice a little, to which some people in the room stared at him for a while.

"yaa kim sunoo" ni-ki said turning to sunoo, who was looking down. the sunshine fell on sunoo's face making him glow

"you're one of the most beautiful humans i have ever come across" ni-ki said in a lower tone "- obviously after myself"

he received a hit from sunoo on his arm but he didn't feel bad because the older smiled to this fullest. ni-ki didn't realise but he had started smiling more often. before it was probably once or twice a month he used to smile- but now he has been smiling for three days straight...

he keeps smiling whenever sunoo comes in this thoughts.

what is this weird sensation he's feeling- that he never felt before... never at all.

~

"ni-ki, you know i can't allow that happening-" jake said, when ni-ki put forward his demand to let him go for the annual trip.

"but why hyung?! i wouldn't even survive after this year" his voice broke when he uttered the year "atleast let me live the last few months happily?"

"ni-ki its not about that.. what if you fall sick there? i won't be there to take care of you" jake placed a hand on his brother's shoulder and gave it a squeeze.

"heeseung and sunghoon hyung will be there" ni-ki said softly "they will take care of me hyung"

"fine, i'll talk to sunghoon- if i find him responsible enough i'll let you go. take your medicines on time"

"yes hyung"

the younger couldn't contain his joy anymore. he ran into his room in thunder speed and texted sunoo.

🤪kim oosun🤪

hyung hyung hyung hyung

IM SORRY, WHO'S THIS? 👀

ni-ki 😒

OMG Yesss 😆 I didn't have
your contact saved Bye 😭😆

fine🙄 now listen

Yes bestie, I'm all ears! 🥰

i have the permission🤸
i can finally tease you there 🥴

Should I be happy or
Should I be scared lmao??!!😭

Yaaayyyy! You finally got the
permission though! Meet you there
🥳🤩

Goodnight Ni-Ki, Sleep well
😌❣️

ni-ki felt himself slightly heated up on the cheeks when he read the goodnight message. it wasn't normal for him to receive such goodnight texts. it made him feel wanted

goodnight oosun 🥴

[A/N: i was inspired by squid game for that jeju-do trip 🤭]