Chapter 7

Without Childe knowing, an abyss mage had been keeping an eye on Lumine since before. As it witnessed the death of her target, he immediately reported it to its master.

"Master! Your sister..." the abyss mage informed his master about the death of his sister. "What did you say?!" Aether gripped the mask of the abyss mage, nearly braking it at the process.

"Take me to her. NOW!" Aether ordered the panicking abyss mage. 'Lumine... Even if we're granted immortality, we can still die.' Aether cursed in his breath. "I... shouldn't have left her... when we met." Aether clenched his fist before entering the portal made by the abyss herald.

Childe still grief on Lumine's death. He then increased his defence as he saw an abyss mage appeared in a portal. Following it, a man with blond hair and eyes same color as Lumine showed up glaring at him furiously.

"Let her go, now!" Aether shouted as the abyss herald beside him launched right at him, separating the two with each other.

Childe tried to fight back but his strength haven't recovered yet after using the Foul-legacy.

Aether lifted Lumine's body and walked back to the portal. Before they entered the portal, Childe tried to run towards him but he was held back by the abyss herald.

"Wait! No... Lumine!" Childe shouted. "As much as I want to kill you, I must spare you. Only because I know that Lumine wants to keep you alive." Aether glanced at Childe." But don't you ever forget that you are the one who killed her. You will never have her. I promise you that." Aether stated before they left, leaving him alone with Paimon.

As time passed by, Childe grieved after Lumine's death. He blames himself for her death. He never forget that she died by his own hands. Since then, he never allowed anyone to call him Ajax.

The name she called after losing her on both times.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A few centuries had passed. Teyvat already evolved as a modern world. Visions already ceased its existence. Their story already became part of the history.

On the busy streets of Liyue Harbor, a ginger haired man stood there. They were reincarnated at the present time. Childe remembers everything that happened in his past life but he can never have Lumine by his side.

"You will never have her. I promise you." Aether's words still lingers in his mind. Childe lived his life with the curse brought by Aether as he watch Lumine happily walking beside Thoma.

Childe reminisce his past life.

News about Lumine's death was known by the people close with her. It also reached the ears of the Knights of Favonius and they held a memorial funeral for her led by the Wansheng Funeral Parlor even though there was no body. All of her friends and acquaintances from the 3 nations attended.

Paimon hid the fact that Childe was the one who slained Lumine. She also felt guilty that Lumine had to push her away just to save her.

On Lumine's funeral, Zhongli convinced Childe to attend. He knew that Childe was the one who was deeply affected by her death.

Childe was accompanied by Zhongli who was holding a bouquet of windwheel asters and white lilies. As the two of them arrived, someone launched a punch on Childe.

"Thoma!!" Ayaka screamed. "YOU WERE THERE AREN'T YOU?! WHY DIDN'T YOU PROTECTED HER? WHY DID YOU LET HER DIE!!" Thoma shouted furiously. Thoma was held back by Kazuha and Gorou. "I shouldn't have let her go..." Thoma slumped back. "If I had a chance to turn back the time, I won't let you have her." He glared at him but Childe just sat there in silence.

"Is it true? You were there when she died?" Xiao suddenly appeared but Childe didn't answered. "Answer me!" Xiao pointed his polearm at Childe's neck but Zhongli pushed it aside.

Childe stood up to get the bouquet on Zhongli's arms and walked towards the altar with an image of Lumine smiling. "Childe..." Paimon muttered.

He put the flowers on the altar. "This will be our last farewell. I love you. I've always been. Please be happy... wherever your are." He stated before leaving the place.

"Even though I wished for her to be happy in this lifetime, why does it hurt when I see her with someone else for the second time?" Childe asked Zhongli with a sad smile on his face.

'Fate might not allow us to be together but just know that I will always love you.'