Prologue

Prince Sam was walking down the left wing of the palace, his pace quick and his heart beating quicker. The young prince slipped into one of the side rooms, sneaking out of the window and dropping to the ground silently and effortlessly. Sam smiled as he saw a figure awaiting his company near the hidden back fountain. "You made it," the shorter commented, his platinum blonde hair settling perfectly around his face. "Of course I did, I wouldn't miss this for the world." Prince Sam replied, pulling the shorter male into a hug and holding him close. "Sam, I love you so much..." the shorter murmured, leaning into Sam. Sam laughed softly, playing with the shorter's hair before freezing, "Ponk... I forgot... I need to tell you something..." the shorter looked up at him, pulling away a little, "What is it, Sam?" "I've been- My father has set up an arranged marriage for a princess from a neighboring kingdom and I..." Ponk gasped, his brows furrowing, "What will happen to us, then? I don't want to let you go... I can't..." Sam pulled Ponk back into a soft hug, "W-we'll figure it out when we get there... for now, we can just be... us..." the two young boys stood there, holding each other and talking quietly for the next few hours, when Sam had to leave.