If Mario Was In Splatoon... (I.N. Edition) Part 2

Within the hour, Meggy had gotten her team back in line and started an ink swimming routine

Within the hour, Meggy had gotten her team back in line and started an ink swimming routine. The three inklings swam with no issue, while Mario trailed behind, trying to swim, but was only dragging himself along the pavement, sliding just a little from the wet paint on the ground.

While Mario was sitting around on a chair of sorts, Meggy decided to surprise him by throwing an ink bomb in his direction.

Meggy: Alright! Dodge this quickly, Red!

The ink bomb landed directly next to him and he looked down at it for a moment. Part of him wanted to run off, but it also looked strangely like a 3D Dorito to him.

Mario: What!? They make these kind of Doritos here!? Oh boy!!

He swallows the ink bomb and Meggy looks at him, her mouth hanging open as an eye started twitching.

Mario: What?

Meggy just started to walk away, counting down to herself until she heard the explosion go off.

Meggy: *smirks* Idiot...

Next, was launching off of a platform to other parts of the arena. Mario watched in amazement as the inklings flew back and forth between ends of the arena. He had tried to launch himself, but since he wasn't an inkling, he couldn't launch himself. He decided to pull a small mystery cube from his pocket and threw it hard against the ground.
It popped out into a cannon. He hopped in and launched himself high into the sky.
Meggy loosened her arms just a bit and her face softened just a bit. She was beginning to be impressed by his efforts.

Meggy: *to self* For a human, you ain't half bad, Red.

Her softening stature was soon ruined though when she watched him barrel straight into one of her teammates and took him out immediately.

Meggy: Oh no! Heavy Squid! Are you alright!?

Heavy Squid: I am dead, not big surprise...

Kenji: Great. Who's gonna replace the big guy?

Mario: Oh! I know!

Meggy: No!

Sam: Sorry, Human, but we don't exactly like it when your type gets involved in this competition.

Mario: Seriously. What's wrong with me?

Kenji: You're...just not cut out for this. No offense.

Meggy: *arms crossed* All offense meant.

Mario: Okay, what's your problem with me?

Meggy places a hand on her hip and stares at him aggressively.

Meggy: "My" problem?

Mario: Yeah. What do have against humans?

Meggy backed off a little and her eyes widened a bit. Kenji and Sam, her remaining partners, noticed.