Prolouge: Memories...

Ten years ago...

Delaven's POV:
While I was doing a bit of drawing of Freddy, my mother called me downstairs for dinner. As I finished it up, I went downstairs. While I was eating, I thought about asking her why she won't talk about my father. I never quite knew him, but I wanted to know.

"Excuse me, mom?" I ask.

"Yes, my son?" My mother replied.

"So, how come we don't talk about...you know...dad?" I question.

"My child, the reason why we don't talk about him...is because..when the time is just right, you can know about him." My mom answered. "But, you're not ready for the truth yet...but soon, you will be told. Now continue eating."

As I finished my dinner, I was ushered to bed. But before she turned the light off, she told me something.

"While you can't know about your father, I do want to tell you that he was the nicest and bravest man I ever met." My mother spoke. "I can't tell you about him..because he thought that he needed to not be known until the time is right. I hope you understand."

"I understand you, mom." I say.

"Good. Now, good night." My mom says so.

"Night." I say back.

She turned off the light and closed the door. I lay on my back and look at the glow-in-the-dark stars on my ceiling. I close my eyes and doze off.