Quirks vs. Abilities

ꜰᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ: ʙᴜɴɢᴏᴜ ꜱᴛʀᴀʏ ᴅᴏɢꜱ, ʙɴʜᴀ

ꜱᴘᴏɪʟᴇʀꜱ: ɴᴏɴᴇ (no spoilers after chapter 86 please)

ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ɪɴꜱᴇʀᴛ: ɴᴏɴᴇ

ᴛᴡ: ᴍᴜʀᴅᴇʀ, ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

ɪɴꜱᴘɪʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ: ɴᴏɴᴇ

»»————- ➴ ————-««

Aizawa trudged into the empty building. An eerie feeling bubbling inside him and a tiny part of him says to get away. To run from this place and never return. It's weird and so unlike him. He's a hero. He has faced greater dangers than these so-called ability users. Their powers are so familiar to quirks so how can it be so different. Quirks can chance and change someone's life and so are abilities. From the information given to him, that is. As his footsteps echoed in the building, the man can't help but recall the mindboggling events from weeks ago.

His own world collided with one another. A world without quirks. Filled with people so unlike in his world. It's almost... absurd. After the collision, conferences were held one after the other. Rallies (mostly in the other world) were apparent and crime rates are getting higher and higher. A lot higher than what Aizawa and the other heroes expected. The other world's not that much help either. They're hesitant to let heroes help them. But Aizawa can understand them. After all, heroes don't exist in their world. It never did. So how can they accept help from these heroes who, no offense to anyone, wear bright spandex? And Aizawa's hero costume only makes him look like a homeless man. 

After all of those events, the hero association then heard of the Special Division for Unusual Powers. A department that was well-hidden in the Japanese Government; a division not known to the public. The name itself would make anyone raise an eyebrow and even ask what the hell it is. But no matter how much the hero association or other heroes in Japan would ask, no one can or won't answer. Ordinary citizens don't know it. Those who do, play it off. Saying it's a division for the strong people. But just who are these strong people. The word strong doesn't mean anything either. In what way are they strong? The more Aizawa and a few others dwell deep into the dark side of that world, they wouldn't get answers. Only questions that would be added to their list.

Why is a white tiger on the loose? How influential is this Port Mafia? And just who the hell is this Arahabaki?

So many questions but so few answers. Aizawa can only give up but get determined to get the same end over and over. What can he do? He can't force an ordinary citizen to answer his questions after all. Sighing, Aizawa stopped in his track as he scanned the area. The building was as old as it can be. Debris falling off, weeds growing in between concrete, and dust hovering in the air like snow. The hero hoped that this person, whoever they were, wouldn't attack him. As confident he is in his skills, Aizawa hasn't seen an ability-user in action. Seeing the videos and hearsays, they are, no doubt, powerful. Perhaps, more powerful than Aizawa thought.

"Ummm..." Hearing the sudden sound, Aizawa jumped. Gripping his scarf and ready to wrap it around the person.  Turning around, he saw a boy no younger than 18. A white dress shirt tucked under his pants that reached under his knees. More notable parts of the young boy's appearance are the asymmetrical hair and yellow... or violet irises? Aizawa wasn't sure. There were only a few quirks that can affect people's physical appearance nominally. But other than the boy's eyes, he's normal for the most part. No indication that he has a quirk or whatsoever. "You are... Eraserhead, right? I'm Nakajima Atsushi. I work for the Armed Detective Agency and I think you wanted to talk to us...?" Aizawa eyed the boy up and down.

A frail body and pale skin. Each and part of Atsushi screams that he's nothing but a young boy who, recently, graduated high school. "Why are you here?" Aizawa can't help but ask. The older male knows he can't underestimate people because of how they look. He has seen enough weak-looking people that can easily kill thousands with a touch. However, Aizawa gets the impression Atsushi is... cowardly. No. The better term for it is reckless.

Atsushi can't help but chuckle dryly and scratch his cheek with a single finger. "I'm not really sure either... Actually, Dazai-san is supposed to come and get you but he then put this work on me and I can't really, well, deny him. Also, this isn't really the first time I've done escorting --- though, the clients back then were quite important people. I'm not saying you aren't important either but..." Aizawa hummed as he observed the other's movements. The albino male was unsure. Full of doubts even. Yet, something inside the male can't help but say to not misdeem him. The hero can only sigh silently. He has put his guard up since the collision of the two worlds and his instincts are acting up. They haven't stopped screaming at him since agreeing to go to this place. If this is a trap, Aizawa can only hope that his death would start the other heroes to start suspecting these people.

The younger one bowed, "I apologize if Dazai-san has said anything weird. But we should get going, Kunikida-san is waiting for us." Aizawa nodded. Letting go of his scarf and following Atsushi. Keeping quite a distance between him and the boy.

The silence between the males was nonexistent as Aizawa started interrogating the boy, "You said you worked for the agency. I've heard rumors about it and how most of the workers are ability users. Is it true?" Atsushi nodded in agreement, sparing a brief glance at the dark-haired hero before moving his gaze back at the road.

"Are you one of these ability users?" Another nodded and hum of agreement.

"How do these abilities work? From what I've seen --- well, from the news and the net --- they work similarly to quirks." Atsushi was silent for a few moments before answering,

"I'm not really sure. Abilities are a mystery to us, users, also. We never know when abilities had formed or how they were created. But there was a research center trying to create some sort of artificial ability but I'm not sure what happened to it or they succeeded or not. I only heard this from Dazai-san." That name again. The boy introduced himself and mentioned the name about once or twice. Though it could be a case of a junior working under the man. Albeit, Aizawa has his doubts. The man swore to himself to not trust fully trust what these ability users are talking about. They were too suspicious. If these ability users disturb the peace that he and the other heroes work so hard to keep, Aizawa swears he would kill those people.

"How many are you there?"

"Ummm... There's about eight --- well, nine if we include Katai-san --- but there's eight currently."

"What kind of ability do you have?"

"Hm? Oh. I can turn into a white tiger." Aizawa paused on his steps. This... this boy!? Aizawa has heard rumors of what the white tiger has done. Claws are sharper than any blade and can easily heal themselves with ease even having no trouble regenerating their own legs. This is the white tiger that many fear? Preposterous! That is what Aizawa wanted to think. However, he has seen too many villains who seem weak but are one of the hardest ones to deal with. Shaking his head, he continued walking.

"What can you do? With your ability, I mean." Another a few moments from the male. However, this time, it was longer. As if Atsushi was worried whether he should answer or not. Contemplating the odds. Was this in his favor or not? Well, that's what Aizawa has guessed. From one look, Atsushi seemed simple enough. A simple man wouldn't need a complex mindset.

The albino male scratched the backside of his neck, "I don't I can answer that, Eraserhead-san. We actually aren't sure if it's okay to share it with you. Even Ranpo-san says that it's better we won't tell you until we have some sort of agreement." We. That was the word that Aizawa caught on. Of course, there are about eight members of the agency. Atsushi said it himself.

"Ah, that's right! Eraserhead-san." Atsushi stopped in his track, forcing the other to stop as well. "I really don't agree on this but the president wanted someone strong to support us, so, please forgive me." Hearing those words, Aizawa grabbed his scarf a second later. But only stopped when he felt something around his neck.

-----

not sure if i should do a part 2. i swear i was thinking if i should make this a full fic or not.