Evil Like Mother

ꜰᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ: ʜɪɢʜ ɢᴜᴀʀᴅɪᴀɴ ꜱᴘɪᴄᴇ

ꜱᴘᴏɪʟᴇʀꜱ: ꜱᴇᴀꜱᴏɴ 1 ꜱᴘᴏɪʟᴇʀꜱ (ɪ ɢᴜᴇꜱꜱ)

ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ɪɴꜱᴇʀᴛ: ɴᴏɴᴇ

ᴛᴡ: ᴍᴜʀᴅᴇʀ, ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

ɪɴꜱᴘɪʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ: ᴇᴠɪʟ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ (ꜱᴏɴɢ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴅᴇꜱᴄᴇɴᴅᴀɴᴛꜱ) ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴜʀᴇ ʜᴀᴛʀᴇᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱʜᴏᴡ ɪᴛꜱᴇʟꜰ

ɴᴏᴛᴇ: I mostly skimmed through the episodes so there is a chance I missed on something but I want to make this show somewhat enjoyable through fanfics and Rosemary's relationship with her mother is very interesting. Also, I don't like this show and how to double standard-ish they are to their male characters. I'm going straight into the action with this one, don't wanna lose too many brain cells in writing. Got to keep my grades up to get into college. I'm not gonna proofread this. I just want to get this scenario out of my head really.

»»————- ➴ ————-««

Rosemary groaned in pain. Her precious sword was only an arm's reach away, but she found no strength to grab it so. Thyme was knocked out with a hole in her stomach as Parsley tried her best to stop the blood from gushing out further. Sage stumbling to get her terra sphere. Some teachers were killed but are left alive but who knows if they can make it or not. Others like Snapdragon and Amaryllis are trying to get the other students to evacuate. Saving as much as people as they can. Then again, how can they ensure their safety? The school is riddled with monsters and beasts too powerful to defeat.

Is this what a life of a Guardian? They know how dangerous the life of one is, but not like this. This is too much. This kind of life-and-death crisis --- is this what reality is? They are kids, they've known that fact even when going to that stupid cave. Even when that one kid screams how can the teachers do this, they should've believed her. They need to stop acting nonchalantly when the enemy is like this.

"Like what dear old Lavender has said, this school has gone lax." Rosemary glanced at the person in front of her. The person in front of her was a woman with characteristics that weren't common in her country. The ears were too pointy to be an elf's, and skin pale as snow. A stall stature that adorned a short dress with colors that contrasted the red blood on the clothes. A tiny tiara was placed on top of the golden blonde hair on her head. Her eyes are blue as the sky. Overall, the person's appearance was akin to those princesses in fairytale stories that she and Sage read as children. In her hand was a terra sphere that was as royal as her, "Guardians oh guardians. How has it been? To have such noble titles and upright morals, oh, I wish to be like you. But that was years ago when dear old Lavender hasn't stepped foot on mother's land." Lavender. A name Rosemary was familiar with ever since she was born. That was her mother's name. How did her mother's name come out from this person's mouth?

Rosemary used all her remaining strength left to support her own body to grab her sword and stand up. "Why do you know my mother?" she asked, her eyes glaring holes straight to the person in front of her. The grip of her sword was too loose. 

The woman glanced at Rosemary with a blank expression on her face. "Dear Lavender is your mother?" she replied back. The woman eyed Rosemary up and down as if she was evaluating her. Evaluation whether she was strong or not. But Rosemary won't falter! She is strong, she is Lavender's daughter. One of the greatest Guardians there is ever to exist! To continue the legacy, she can't afford to be weak. "You're... not what I expected. Dear Lavender was such a strong individual that I even had to be a bit serious when fighting. I can't even imagine how long it took for dear Lavender to take the knee! She was such a headstrong and determined person!" The woman praised Lavender.

Her words were sickly sweet and her mocking tone echoed in the destroyed hallway. "But why are you so weak? Has this school taught you anything? But then again, weak people are so quick to hope they can do anything as long they believe in themselves," said the woman. Talking a few steps forward towards Rosemary, to which the latter took a few steps back. Something about the woman made Rosemary wary. And so terrified of her. What is it? Olive wasn't this scary nor was Mandrake. "Is this what dear Lavender said that this school is going too easy? Or has danger not appeared anymore? Who knows? I can't seem to remember anymore." A smile appeared on the woman's face as if she was in a carnival and not around corpses, blood, debris, and dying bodies.

Have people ever been this evil?

"Rosemary or little Rosemary... Do you want to ---" The woman was cut off when pieces of big debris were hurled towards her. But it was stopped with a single motion of her hand, "I almost forgot about your precious friend. Such a waste, really. To use both new and old magic, I never knew people from this country knew how powerful those two combined could be. Tell me, little girl... who told you of such methods?" The woman flicked her finger, casting the debris in Sage's direction.

Rosemary only glanced at Sage before she felt pain on her stomach so bad that she felt a bone or two breaks. "Don't lose your focus, dear Rosemary. Your mother dear will be disappointed." Rosemary fell to her knees, her sword clanking against the ground. The woman kicked the sword away before grabbing a handful of Rosemary's hair. "Lookie here, dear. Do you want to protect your precious friend over there?" The woman made Rosemary look at Sage, a spell already on going with glyphs written. "Get stronger, then..." In a flash, Sage's spell was deactivated then a sword was plunged into Sage's chest. A sword that Rosemary was familiar with. It was her own. Its blade is covered in blood. Sage's mouth was open wide but no sound came out. Perhaps the poor girl was too shocked at the sudden pain of being stabbed. 

The woman then threw Rosemary on the ground, stomping on the girl's back. "I can't kill you so I'll kill everyone here! I wanted to spare them if they give me what I want but I don't sense it anymore. And I doubt those immortals won't tell you brats about it so I'll give you one last opportunity, little Rosemary." The foot was off of Rosemary's back. She was then kicked on her stomach, now, laying on her back. Her gaze met at the ceiling full of holes with dust falling down like snow during the winter season.

"Do you want to join me, little Rosemary? You can meet your mother! I can call for her anytime you want and you two can have a mother-daughter bond like no one else does!" Rosemary's eyes sent a glare towards the woman.

"My mom is a Guardian. How can you two be friends?" The answer seemed to shut the woman up. The woman stared at Rosemary intently. Evaluating whether Rosemary was joking or not. "She's one of the best people I've known. Why would she want to be with you? Mom swore to protect not to destroy as all Guardians do. And I'm the same as her." Silence. Rosemary has never understood how silence can be loud. And this very moment, she finally understood that. It wasn't about the noises so deafening. Rather, it's about how heavy this so-called silence is. Akin to how one would be drowning. The heavier the silence, the heavier your lungs can get. Your brain immediately telling to stop breathing, to hear what the other is going to say.

But the woman didn't say anything. She laughed. A wide smile etched on her face, tears appearing at the corner of her eyes. Her reaction was like when someone is watching a comedian on stage. "What's so funny?" Rosemary can't help but ask.

"Your mother isn't so benevolent as you may think, dear Rosemary," the woman said. Her voice was sardonic and sinister. The type of voice that most villains would have. "She's the one who suggested this. Destroy the school and you will get what you want, is what she said to me. But it's not here. So what should I do, dear Rosemary? Kill you? I know your mother loves you still. Will your death call her here?" The woman looked in front of her, "Or by simply threatening will call her here?" Rosemary followed the woman's gaze.

"That is enough, Lily." The booming voice was like a lullaby in Rosemary's ears. A voice that she has heard so much when a child. Rosemary wanted to cry out, to beg on what the woman meant and why is she with them.

"I got what you want. Let's go back now..." Lavender said. Passing by Rosemary's hapless body. Not even giving a glance at her own daughter, her arm circling around the woman's --- now known as Lily --- waist. "Just a little bit more and you can get what you want." 

-------------

i give up. don't know what i want for the ending