Good Job, Shrimp

It was sparring day, the five friends in the TAPOPS training room to sharpen their skills and do some combat training.

Right now it was Gopal pitted against Yaya with the gravity manipulator having the upper hand, throwing everything available at Gopal who was defenseless against the many obstacles thrown his way.

The other three were by the sidelines, observing the mock battle and mentally noting their weaknesses and blind spots, as well as the impressive moves they've done so far.

When Yaya flung the obstacles she held toward her unlucky opponent, Gopal had a spike of stress and moved involuntarily, turning everything into sweets and candies that took all the others aback that he had a trick up his sleeve.

"Wow, impressive comeback Gopal," Ying said. She turned to Boboiboy. "Looks like he wins this round, right?"

Boboiboy scratched his head.

"Well he hasn't knocked out Yaya but he was able to save himself by turning everything into food last minute."

Fang stroked his chin, humming thoughtfully.

"Isn't Gopal stronger when he's stressed?"

Yaya floated down until her feet touched the ground, wiping her forehead and fixing her hijab.

"Call it a tie? We've been at this for almost thirty minutes. You guys might not have enough time to spar if we go another round."

Gopal was seated by the floor, chomping on food that almost came out of nowhere and panting heavily.

He gestured his chicken leg toward Yaya and said, "Yeah she's right. Plus, I'm tired."

Boboiboy rolled his eyes and nodded.

"Okay then I volunteer!" He turned to his friends. "Who's gonna go against me?"

There was silence before Ying raised her arm high in the air and said, "I'll go."

Everyone turned to her in surprise, their eyes wide. Fang blinked twice, almost unable to believe how she volunteered so boldly.

Ying raised a brow at all their expressions.

"What? I wanna have a go, too." To Boboiboy she said, "Which element are you going to use, Boboiboy? Angin? Tanah?"

As the two of them walked toward the sparring area Boboiboy rubbed his wrist that had the watch and hummed, looking at his friend and racking his brains to see who'd be most suitable to combat Ying.

Since her powers relied on speed or slow motion, he figured Petir would be able to be a good match to test her agility and reaction time.

So he said so.

"I was thinking Petir. Sure, Cahaya also relies on light speed but I'll test him out another time when I get really familiar with him." He opened his arms and shrugged. "So, Petir?"

Ying performed three jumping jacks and stretched her legs, nodding determinedly.

"Bring it on, Boboiboy."

With her agreement Boboiboy said loudly, "Boboiboy Petir!"

There was a bright flash of light and Boboiboy emerged as Boboiboy Petir, the beak of his cap facing forward and almost shadowing his eyes. His ensemble consisted of yellow and black, the belt turned red and the arm warmers black and secured snugly around his wrists.

He lifted his head and smiled encouragingly at Ying, who was doing warm-up stretches and grinned.

"Okay since Yaya and Gopal took more time than usual," Fang started, "we're going to have to time you both for five minutes. Is that okay?"