Chapter 4

[The Next Day]

The lunch break just started and Keyu immediately went to Patrick's classroom to give the strawberry cake that he bought for him, then, Keyu suggested eating at the rooftop since Patrick's friend was absent. He had diarrhea. As Patrick eats his cake, Keyu on the other hand is staring at him. He was mesmerized by his beauty. Bisexual panicking aside. He really is pretty for a man.

Keyu can't take his eyes off of him. He let out, "Astraea." But, he didn't know that Patrick heard him.

"What?" He asked, his innocent eyes looking at him.

"N-Nothing." He stuttered.

Keyu doesn't know why he said that. But, everytime he sees Patrick, Astraea is the first thing that comes to his mind. He guesses he's just too pure and innocent and that makes him want to protect him.

"Keyu, do you believe in destiny?" Patrick asked.

"Yeah… The destiny is the one who's giving us our soulmates, right?"

He has a point.

Patrick nodded. "But what about destiny making our future?"

Keyu shakes his head as a no. "Nope because we are the ones who are making our future. If your future is disappointing, then you should blame yourself for doing things wrong."

Patrick nodded again and asked, "Hm… What about your soulmate? What if you don't like your soulmate? Or what if you have to untie the thread with them? Would you untie the thread with them?"

Keyu looked at him with a confused expression. "W-Why would I untie the thread with you? Everyone wants to have a soulmate. Soulmate is the only thing left that makes people believe in love."

Patrick shakes his head. "Not all people."

"Why? You don't believe in soulmates?" Keyu chuckled.

"Nope."

Keyu stopped laughing because of what Patrick said. Is he not real to him? "Oh… Then what am i? Just a hallucination?" He laughed nervously, trying to end the awkward atmosphere.

Patrick ignored him and they both went silent for a few minutes.

Patrick put the empty box of the cake beside him and looked at the sky. He said, "The sky looks so dark. I feel like it will rain soon."

Keyu turned his head to the sky and it was dark. "Yeah it is."

"When I was a kid, my mother always told me that every drop of rain is the people's wishes coming true." Patrick said out of nowhere.

At first, Keyu was weirded out because parents usually say to their kids that mother earth is crying or something. But, he thinks it's pretty unique and cute.

Keyu looks at him. He asks, "Then, did one of your wishes come true?"

He slowly nodded and gave him a small smile. "I guess."  Patrick took a glance at the thread and looked at Keyu.

Patrick never approves of things such as soulmates. He thinks it's the reason why some people suffer because some people are meant to be with a person even if they despise that person, but he became curious of what his soulmate would look like and what kind of person his soulmate is.

"The lunch break is almost over. Let's go." Patrick said and stood up.

"Oh. Yeah."

Keyu followed Patrick downstairs and headed back to their classrooms.

[Time Skip]

Patrick was right, it's raining. He just got home and is now preparing for the party. While he fixed his outfit, he thought of how many wishes are coming true right now. He became curious ever since Patrick told him that. He wondered if one of his wishes came true.

*Knock knock*

He turned his head to the door when he heard someone knock. Then, one of their housemaids came inside of his room. "Sir, your Mother and Father are waiting for you downstairs."

Keyu nodded as he fixed his tie. "I'll be there in a minute."

The housemaid nodded and headed out of his room. Keyu fixes his clothes for the last time and heads downstairs with his phone in his hand.

"Let's go, shall we?" His father said and they went inside the car.

Keyu sits beside his mother while his father sits at the front with the driver.

"When we got there make sure to--"

Keyu cut off his mom's sentence and smiled. "Greet them with a smile and be decent and respectful. I know, mom."

His mom chuckled, and patted his head. "That's my boy."

When they arrived at the venue, the guards immediately got out of the car and took their umbrellas out and waited for the family to come out of the car and lead them inside. When they got inside the guards greeted them and took the invitation from them.

A man walked up to them and his mother and father greeted him. "Good evening Mr. Zhang and happy birthday."

"Good evening, Mr. And Mrs. Zhou. Thank you very much for coming to my party." The man said.

"By the way, this is our son Keyu." His mother introduced him.

He gave him a small smile and bowed his head.

Mr. Zhang smiled and looked at Keyu from head to toe. "A handsome boy. Your genes are really something."

"Of course." His father proudly said.

"By the way, I want you to meet my friend."

A tall guy who looks like he's not from here walks towards them. "This is my friend Mr. Finkler." The guy introduced the other and his father shook hands with him and his mother did the same.

'Finkler?' He thought.

The surname is somewhat familiar. Then when he realized, he was shocked but he didn't show it. 'Does that mean he's somewhat related to Patrick?'

"This is my son Zhou Keyu." His mother introduced him to Mr. Finkler.

"What a handsome and tall man." Mr. Finkler complimented.

Keyu coughed to fix his voice before speaking. For a good first impression? No. Never. "Thank you so much, Mr. Finkler."

"By the way, let me just leave you here for a minute, I will make a speech for the night." Mr. Zhang said.

"Sure, Mr. Zhang." The three of them bow their heads.

"You know, Keyu, I have a son that is probably around your age. You two will get along with each other perfectly." Mr. Finkler said with a smile.

Keyu suddenly got interested in the conversation. "Really? May I know his name?"

"Patrick."

Keyu didn't notice the smirk on his face when he heard his name.