Chapter Five

Word had gotten around quickly about Harry and I. My parents, brothers, friends, and even classmates I haven't talked to in ages tried to contacted me. I've honestly locked myself in my room for the last two days.

The more and more I think about the choice I made the more angry I get at myself. Did I honestly think it'd be that easy? I got on twitter for ten minutes yesterday before I sobbed myself to sleep. I know it wasn't a smart move on my part, but how could you not be a little curious?

I've gotten texts from both Katie and Harry, but I haven't responded. Katie's all had to do with the media and what was going on, which I honestly didn't care at this point. Harry surprisingly messages and called me. He left voicemail saying he wanted to check in on me and see how I was taking things. I can honestly say he's getting nicer an nicer the more I get to know him.

Today I decided I needed to get up and start to take control of my life. Feeling sorry for yourself only gets you so far in life.

I showered like a normal human being and touched my makeup bag again for the first time in forever.

I was so thankful I now had no homework due to dropping out of college. So far anyways, it's been the best choice I've made in a long time.

I made myself a cup of tea and started to respond to some of Katie's messages, telling her that I planned to continue full swing. I knew that meant I would have to call back my family and a few friends to tell them what's going on.

Katie responded almost instantly, saying that she would put in a word as an insider in a few tabloids. I'm not sure how much that would do or what she would say, but I didn't bother to respond.

I was honestly in the middle of responding to Harry when there was a knock on my door. I got up from my seat at my kitchen table and tightened my ponytail before revealing Harry on the other side of the door.

The first thing I noticed was his tear stained eyes and the way his mouth was in a tight small smile. I frown, not used to seeing this side of Harry, or seeing him at all for that matter.

"Hey, come in. Are you okay?" I try to sound calm and collected as I move away to let him in. He steps inside and let's out a short sigh as I start to lead him to my living room.

This is one of the moments I thank myself for being such a neat freak. Everything was in perfect order like always.

"Um, not really. Everything's kinda going down hill." He looks and me and bites his lip. I can tell he's trying to hold back tears. "Well, with the band anyway. I'm not sure why I came to you, I just guess... I don't know." He continued to ramble and I cut him off.

"No, no, no. I'm glad you did." I rest my hand on his as we sit down. 'Yeah, cause of the pay check coming in the mail' I say in my head.

"What's going on? Like with the band?" I ask and pull my knees up to my chest. I was also thankful I showered before he came, or that would not be a pretty picture.

"You haven't heard?" He looked at me a bit confused. I guess it was all over then? I haven't touched any source of internet in a few days.

"Um, I've tried to avoid social media lately, so yeah. Sorry, I haven't heard." Guiltiness plasters across his face and he frowns.

"I'm sorry about that, I should have came over sooner. I tried to call and I texted you as well." He seems like he forgot everything that was wrong before as he speaks. Gosh could this guy get any more selfless?

"I'm fine, just being smart and avoiding it. So anyways, what's got you so upset?" I scratch the back of my neck. I'm not used to try to comfort people, but I was trying my best.

"It's Zayn. He's leaving." He looked up and cleared his throat. "The fans are either freaking out or leaving us." He hid his face in his hands. I couldn't tell if he was frustrated or trying to hide the fact he was crying.

I internally panic on what to say or do before I slowly wrapped my arms around him.

"Hey, it's alright. The fans are probably just upset for now. You are staying together still right?" My mind crosses the thought and I start to panic. I'd be out of a job.

"Of course, we don't want to let the fans down." He says instantly and surprises me as he hugs me close, nuzzling his face in my neck.

"Make sure they know that. Make sure they know you'll be there for them still. One Direction isn't over, but they're afraid it will be. Reassure them." I tell him simply and shrug.

He looks and me and gives me a smile before he frowns again, "Wait. Aren't you sad Zayn is gone?" He asks.

I look at him with confusion before I realize he thinks I'm in love with his band. He thinks I won a contest to get the first date with him.

I let out a slight laugh, "I'm gonna be honest with you, I do like your music, but my friend signed me up." I let out a nervous chuckle. Honestly, the more I get used to this job the better liar I become.

I do like his music, I mean, what I've heard of it. It's pretty good, but the last thing I want is for him to think I'm madly in love with him.

He nods and smiles softly, "I was wondering why you didn't freak out when you walked through the restaurant door."

I smile and let out a soft laugh, running a hand through my hair. I looked up at him to see him staring at me and moving his head closer.

Was he going to kiss me? Was this happening? Trust me, I've kissed platelet of boys, but for once I was freaking out.

I slowly got closer and leaned in. He placed his lips on mine first and smiled into the kiss as he put his hands on my waist. The kiss lasted only a few seconds, but holy cow those seconds were gold.

I opened my eyes for the kiss and realized I was blushing. I soon snap out of the enchanting moment in my head. No. I can't become attached or care about his feelings. The minute he finds out this was fake he'll hate me anyways.

Right when he was about to speak up the door bell rang again. I groan to myself and stand up to find a pissed off Bridget. I so knew what this was about.
I opened the door and sighed, knowing exactly what was to come.

"How couldn't you tell me, you're fucking with Harry Styles and you don't even tell me you bitch!" She keeps rambling on and on. I smile to myself as I notice Harry starting to slowly creep over to the door.

The second he's in view for Bridget to see her jaw drops and her eyes widen, "Well would you look at that."

Tell me about it.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

WARNING- I tend to have long authors notes so I'll summarize the whole thing at the end for you if you're lazy like me.

So obviously zayn and left and I'm really sad but I still think this is now a new era for the boys and I'm ecxited. I always kind of knew zayn would be the first to go.

I really need a cover for this book. Please either email it to me- sambehne@gmail.com or message me on here and I'll give you my number so you can message it to me.

Please read the first chapter of my other story and let me know of it's worth continuing please. Also please tell me what you like and don't like about this book so far.

Please vote and comment.
-/-/-/-
Summary- zayn leaving. I need a new cover. Check out my other story and give feedback. Feedback on this book- you'll get a follow. Please vote and comment, it means a lot and makes my day.