Our secret - 💞📕

(Ftm Tom x genderfluid Matt)

Woo! Comfort headcannon time! I've never seen any other genderfluid Matt headcannon-ers and a lot of the trans Tom content I've seen is either sexual and/or has transphobic undertones (I can give examples if needed but one of them is pretty messed up, it especially pains me as a trans person) so here's some fluff with both of them!! Hope you enjoy :)

After a long day, Tom entered his room and peeled off his binder. He's been wearing it much longer then he should have been, but he could hardly stand how he looked without it. He looked in the mirror and was instantly filled with pain. Not long after, he slipped his hoodie back on and flopped onto his bed, crying.
His gender dysphoria has been getting worse and worse by the day. He was able to get a binder and start testosterone medications before moving in, however he wasn't able to get any surgery due to the fear of anyone else in the house finding out. He assumed both of them were supportive, however, he never knew for sure. Both of them were queer —hell, him and Matt have been dating for about a month now — which makes it fair to assume that they'd be supportive of the trans community as well. I mean, what sense would it make if they weren't? Despite this, he still didn't want them to know. He wanted to be seen as just a man. Not a trans man or as some would say, a "former woman".
As he sobbed into his pillow, he heard two soft knocks on the door. He recognized the pattern anywhere. It was Matt. He quickly sat up, stuffed his binder under the bed, and wiped his teary face. "Come in," he said, trying his hardest to sound like he hadn't just been sobbing his eyes out.
Matt opened the door. "Hey, honey.. I was wondering if you'd like to- wait a minute, are you alright?" He asked, his seductive tone immediately dropping. "You look like you've been crying."
Tom panicked. "Oh.. it's uhm.. it's nothing, I'm fine," he lied.
Matt raised an eyebrow, sitting next to him. "You sure? I can usually tell when you're not alright and right now it really seems like you're not."
Tom tried to convince him he was alright but instead ended up breaking down in tears once again. The taller comforted him as he cried into his knees, holding his hand and gently rubbing his back.
After catching his breath, Tom decided to explain the situation to him. "Well.. starting from the top, there's something I've been meaning to tell you and Edd," he began to explain. Matt nodded, looking at his lover with the most caring eyes there is. "..I'm transgender, I was assigned female at birth," he confessed.
Matt gasped, grasping him in a hug. "Oh, Tom, why didn't you tell us sooner?" He gushed.
"Well.. I was scared you wouldn't accept me or see me as a real man," Tom admitted, starting to tear up a slight bit again.
Matt pulled away from the hug. "Tom, you're the realest man there is, especially for gathering the courage to come out to me," he cupped his hands around his face. "Look at me, look at me." Tom did as told, looking up at the ginger's teary-eyed, warm expression. "I'm proud of you." He planted a kiss on his forehead.
Tom teared up once again. But this time, it was out of joy. Wrapping his arms around him in another hug, he said, "Oh, sweetheart. I'm so lucky to have you."
"I'm just as lucky to have you," Matt cooed. "Want me to let you in on a little secret?"
Tom nodded. "Yeah?"
"I happen to be trans too, I'm genderfluid," He confessed. "I kept it a secret for so long for the same reason as you, I was scared you guys wouldn't accept me."
Tom smiled, he had never felt so safe. "Well, I know for a fact I do," he said. "And I'm sure Edd does too."
"Awh, you're the best," Matt told him. "So.. should we tell Edd about all this?"
Tom shook his head. "Nah, for now let's keep this our secret."