19⚡Beware of Viper

Bravery is not the absence of fear but action in the face of fear...

The red-haired male turned his head toward his leader, hesitating for a moment before finally voicing his thoughts

The red-haired male turned his head toward his leader, hesitating for a moment before finally voicing his thoughts. "Boss, I want to exclude myself from this mission."

S narrowed her eyes, "For what?"

Jungkook swallowed hard, choosing his words carefully. "I want to go to the China base for training. I think I'm lacking skills, and I need to polish them. I want to get stronger. I'll be back once I'm done."

Her gaze remained locked on him, expression unreadable. There was no hint of emotion—no surprise, no anger. She was a woman who knew when to let go, as long as the mission stayed on course. After a moment of silence, she nodded curtly. "Fine. You are excluded from this mission. When are you leaving?"

"Tonight." His voice had a weight of finality in it.

S gave a slight nod in acknowledgment and then resumed addressing the rest of the Titans, as if Jungkook's departure was nothing more than a formality.  The other Titans remained focused on S as she laid out the next steps. To her, Jungkook's temporary absence was irrelevant. She wasn't one to cling to anyone, even family. Her singular focus was winning. If it required sacrificing connections or sending her brother halfway across the world, so be it. Victory demanded it. Whether by hook or by crook, the Dark Squads would be crushed under her will.

..................

Hoseok was summoned to the office early in the morning. His assistants informed him that someone had broken through the police checkpoint the previous night. Now, the head officer of the Seoul Police Crime Department sat with sharp focus, his eyes glued to the LCD screen displaying the surveillance footage.

The sleek BMW Golden Thunder raced through the night streets with precision, slipping past their defenses. The car looked familiar, and Hoseok narrowed his eyes as he noted down its license plate for further investigation. He sipped his coffee, trying to shake off a lingering sense of unease.

Before he could gather his thoughts, an intern hurried in, looking nervous. "Sir, the commissioner is calling for you."

Hoseok exhaled deeply and knocked twice on the commissioner's door. Upon hearing the gruff "Enter," he stepped inside and stood at attention.

"Salute, sir! Did you call for me?" Hoseok greeted formally.

The commissioner sat behind his desk, his expression heavy with disappointment. "Yes,  OfficerJung. I need to talk to you about Dr. Kim's case."

Hoseok furrowed his brows in confusion. "The Dr. Kim's case, sir? Why? We're making progress. We know who kidnapped him, and it's only a matter of time before we track down the Titans."