Chapter-4: Empire On The Warpath

"The Pattern Juggler Lifts His Hand, The Orchestra Begins, And Slowly Turns The Grinding Wheel, In The Court Of The Crimson King."

King Crimson-The Court Of The Crimson King

Sardavian City, Xenosian Empire, Dellis System

November 8, 2610, 10:30 PM

The Chimeran glanced around the boardroom; seated at the large round table were a Xenomorph in a general's uniform, another in an admiral's uniform, a Minotaur in an olive-drab uniform, and a Karsygan in a black business suit and a gas mask: owing to the fact that his snake-like species breathed sulfer. Additionally, there was a human in a gray business suit.

Bored, the lizard-like creature drummed his clawed fingers on the table. He was dressed in a leather jacket and dark brown formal pants. Suddenly, another Minotaur entered the room and cleared his throat.

"Presenting his Imperial Excellency, Pnatokis II, Emperor of Xenos."

The men stood up and bowed as the emperor, a Xenomorph, entered the room.

"Be seated, gentlemen, we have much to discuss."

The three Xenosians resumed their places as a map of the Lylat system appeared behind the emperor.

"Well, despite Foreign Minister Govid's best efforts, the Lylatian's refuse to stop forcing others in the galaxy to choose between trading with them or trading with us and the Soviets. I have no less than ten complaints from numerous businessmen and am likely to receive more."

The Karsygan cringed at that sentence.

Emperor Pnatokis slammed his fist on the table.

"And to add to our woes, they have deployed a fleet to those two moons and are intercepting our supply convoys to our Drillian allies. I am told they have recovered several crates of these so-called Demon Launchers."

Now it was time for the admiral and the Minotaur to cringe.

A long pause now filled the room, no one dared make a sound for fear of talking over the Xenosian ruler.

"This cannot go on. I will not allow this empire that has stood for a thousand years be humiliated by those dogs."

He glanced around the table.

"That is why you are here, you're going to make the Lylatians abandon their quarrel with us."

The Chimeran leaned forward.

"You mean that we are to go to war with them, Your Excellency?"

The emperor flashed a grin.

"Of course, Defence Minister Bishkesk."

The general, who lacked the sharp end of his tail, sat up straighter, the white light from the map screen reflecting off his black skin.

"Where and when are we to strike them, Your Excellency?"

"All in good time General Cordelia, all in good time."

Pnatokis turned to the Karsygan named Govid and the human.

"Foreign Minister, Ambassador Kamenev, break off the talks with the Lylatians and inform Chairwoman Declan of my decision."

The two nodded as the emperor continued to address the officials.