Eagle Of Knights Chp4

Welcome back, guys! Enjoy

*~If you see me upset and crying,

Don't feel sad for me and don't wonder about the reason.

I'm just training my eyes, to be ready,
For the farewell day~* His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum

**************************

One moon later

Shoug bit her lip, attempting to tame her thumping heart. Her thumb played with her engagement ring, as she bounced her left leg. Her nerves jumbled, and her throat parched. Today was the day Gaith was coming to meet her for the first time after their engagement. When her mother had informed her that Gaith wished to see his spouse, Shoug was stunned and delighted. She wanted to put a face to the name, which is why Shouq had not denied it, and Batool had offered to accompany her sister.

Her heavy eyes prickled, for she had tossed and turned in her cot all night, but no sleep knocked at her door. And now Shoug sat, draped in a radiant violet jalabiya Gaith had brought, his engagement ring on her finger and a simple gold chain adorned her neck.

Gaith, his mother, and his brother sat in the main room of the house. Shoug did not know what she was to say to Gaith or what to ask him. Biting the corner of her lip, she wiped her moist hands on her jalabiya and scowled at her action. Shoug lowered her head, fiddling with the ring; that was when the door of her chamber pushed open, and a grinning Batool entered the room.

"Shoug, uff, ya Shoug. He is so handsome." Batool squealed, causing a deep blush to tingle Shoug's cheeks, and she dropped her gaze.

Ever since his mother told Umm Faris that Gaith wished to meet Shoug, she felt that her mornings greeted her with a smile, and her eyes dreamed while she was wide awake of the merchant of Alsham.

"I saw him sitting next to Nasser. He has such poise, grace, and Shoug; unlike most knights, Gaith does not accompany a sword but a splendidly carved dagger. He truly is a merchant." Batool carried on, pacing excitedly in front of Shoug.

Shoug dug her teeth on her bottom lip as her nerves whizzed in her blood. "I do not know what to say or ask him."

Batool smirked at her sister. "You know you can say his name. in front of me. Try it. Say Gaith."

Shoug flushed, shaking her head, and Batool laughed. "Do not fret. I am sure your merchant will do all the talking," Batool clapped her hands. "I cannot wait to hear him converse. I desire to see how a true trader talks. He holds himself uniquely from all the knights I have come across."

Shoug felt her palms turn cold and moist welcome them. "You will remain by me?"

"In Sha Allah, I will be next to you all the time. Mother said you shall see him in the main room, and I will be there to support." Batool appraised, and Shoug's heart quivered.