Eagle of Knights Chp7

~***~*~*~

~***~*~*~

"Whoever convinces himself that he is not worthy of the first position has doomed himself to failure from the very beginning." His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.

Rashideen Tribe

The tribe buzzed with such ardent energy that Badr felt it hum in his bones. He knew Gaith's wedding was the first happiness to grace the Rashideen tribe after their leader's murder, and he desired to conceal his pain in it. Badr wanted to be a fool for a day and flee in this pleasure, even though the delight he sought his refuge in scorched his heart every second.

Today was a day of happiness; the tribe adorned themselves in their best attire, the sadness they felt had slowly come to an end, tribe people lined duffs and drums in front of the groom's house, singing greetings.

Badr decorated a smile on his lips as men lined countless camels for Shouq's dowery. Badr's eyes fell on his friend Gaith as women holding trays brought his spouse's dowery from the house towards the camels. Eagle of knights bit his bottom lip and inhaled. Gaith was the only brother, he needed Badr's help, and Badr will not hold back from helping his friend.

Smiling, Badr walked up to where Gaith made sure everything was secured properly. The caravan held Shouq Mubarak Al Borkan's dowery, jewelry from Al-Sham, clothes from Saudi Arabia and Iran, and items Badr had never seen in his life from different countries of Arabia.

"Masha Allah, our groom, you plan to brim all these with goods and jewelry?" Badr pointed towards fifteen camels.

Gaith chuckled. "Wallahi, I believe this is less for Sheikh Mubarak's daughter, for Shouq is very different indeed."

The late morning sun felt like ants crawling on Badr's skin; however, he beamed. "Indeed, my friend," he placed his hand on Gaith's shoulder, "The Borkan's daughter is blessed to have a spouse like you. A true merchant. A vigilant man." 

"I do not know how I would have finished all this work if it were not for you, ya Badr. You just returned from your journey and aided finish all this preparation." Gaith spoke as he secured a rope around a howdaj.

Badr busied himself in doing the same with the other camel. "You are my brother, nothing else would have brought me back to the tribe, and here I am."

Gaith laughed. "Is that so? Was it not Faris who compelled you to yield?"

Badr smirked, moving to the other side of the camel. Eagle of Knights rolled the sleeves of his beige kandoora to his elbows. He was without a headdress, and his hair fell between his shoulder blades, unknowing to the women peeking at him from under their lashes.

"When do you intend to depart?" Gaith asked, fastening more ropes.

"Your father said you must depart by Duhur prayer with the caravan. I shall leave with the tribe and your family by Asr prayer, and with Allah's will, we shall reach the Borkan tribe by nightfall." Badr answered, running his palm over the camel in front of him. He fought against his will to not peer at the dowery.