Chapter 13

Everything was dark, you noticed. When you slowly returned to consciousness, you half expected to be in your bed with Bucky tangled beside you, just like in your dreams. He fit so perfectly in your bed - your life and you, as if he was a part of you, and you weren't sure where he ended and where you began.

But when you moved to stretch your aching limbs, they moved a few inches before halting by some sort of restriction. Instantly, the bubble of your dreams burst, and everything came to your mind, and you abruptly looked around to find him. Bucky was still unconscious - tied to a chair, but instead of rope like yours, he was tied down with manacles. He had restraints on his wrists and ankles. You were sort of offended that they didn't think you were strong enough to be captured like him. Not that you wanted those manacles anywhere near your body, but you preferred not to be treated as if you were meek.

What could be worse than getting kidnapped? It's definitely getting rekidnapped with the person who came to rescue you. Clint lied, he was working with Rumlow. His source was nothing but an ambush for Bucky. There were more than 4 of Rumlow's men in the warehouse. Clint lied so that Bucky would come under prepared and he fell right into the trap.

Earlier, it was just you in a room alone, but now it was you and Bucky in a dingy cell-like room with a closed door. He was still knocked out when the man known as Rumlow walked in. You recalled him from the time he came to the club, and you wanted nothing more than to run towards the safe embrace of your lover.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" Rumlow's steps halted when he was near your tied form. His hand came for your cheek and naturally, you recoiled away. Your rejection didn't deter him, it only fueled his fury more as he held your chin tightly in his other hand and made you look at him. You attempted to get out of his grasp, which only angered him more, and he struck his hand to your face. It ached so much and it was so loud that it jolted Bucky up.

"Will you look at that," Rumlow mocked, pushing your face away from his hold. "Lover boy can feel her pain."

It took a second for Bucky to drink in the sight and commemorate everything. Once everything came back to him, he looked at you deplorably, his eyes filled with concern and guilt as he saw the blood dripping down your face.

"Get away from her, Rumlow!" Bucky seethed when his gaze was back at the man who hurt you. Despite the warning, Rumlow moved more towards you. One hand running his knuckles on your face in an attempt to be soothing, while the other held your chin in a painful grip.

"Why do you get to keep such a pretty thing all to yourself?" Rumlow asked rhetorically. "I should get a taste too."

Before Bucky could try to do something, a knock on the door attracted everyone's attention. Clint came in with a look of victory on his face.

"You betraying son of a bitch," you hissed. Unlike Bucky, you didn't have much self-restraint or any wise escape plan cooking in your head. "Why the fuck did you do it?"

"You're new, sweetheart," Clint pointed out, his tone condescending. "You don't know how it works."

"What I know is that your wife is friends with Wanda's girlfriend," you retorted back immediately. You were tired of being seen as weak. "How will she feel when she finds out that you betrayed Bucky?"

A look of uncertainty came over Clint's face and you continued, "I might be new, sweetheart, but I'm not dumb."

When Clint was astounded, Rumlow spoke up," Ah, the power of pillow talk. You are one feisty little bitch. What else did he tell you? Did he tell you that his work is not illegal and he sells weapons to the government?"

You looked at Bucky, hoping that the man you knew and loved was nothing like this monster who assaulted you. Rumlow continued, "Barnes, Rogers and I started this whole a business together. They enjoyed the money that was brought in with our illegal escapade. He enjoyed girls like you every day. Until one day, the childhood buddies decided it was time to go clean. And they just left us in pursuit of some dream life."