Chapter 15

Both of you were far from okay, Bucky knew that. You needed time and energy to put in this relationship, and Bucky would patiently wait and giddily put in the work required.

Just like last time all those months ago, Bucky prepared a plate of fruits with juice for you. If you'd let him in your life, then one thing was sure - you were never having that damn coffee for breakfast. How did you even survive? Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and Bucky was baffled when he found out you functioned on nothing but caffeine.

"Good Morning!" he greeted, you were awake and seated on the couch. "I got you breakfast that isn't caffeine."

You didn't meet his eyes, but smiled timidly nevertheless. You cringed at your immaturity. Getting drunk instead of having a proper conversation like adults was not your wisest decision. Your last conversation was horrid. What was worse was that he was still being so nice to you when all you wanted was for the ground to open and swallow you whole. It was embarrassing.

You avoided his gaze, and Bucky didn't press the matter any further.

You exhaled loudly and requested, "We need to talk."

Here it was, Bucky thought. He hoped you both could at least have breakfast blissfully, ignoring the elephant in the room. But he assumed the sooner, the better. Bucky took a seat beside you on the office couch.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry."

Both of you apologized at the same time. Bucky continued, "What I did was a fucked up thing to do. I had no right to decide for you. I'm sorry for hurting you."

"I'm sorry for handling the situation immaturely. It was dumb to get drunk and act like that."

Bucky nodded, he didn't need your apology. He was the one who was at fault here. Although, he would never acknowledge this, but he was glad you got drunk and came to him. He wasn't smart enough to realize his mistake and if he continued with his stubbornness, then he would have lost you.

Instinctively, he took your palm in his, lacing your fingers with his and placing the entwined hands on his lap. "I - The incident with Rumlow and the kidnapping affected me a lot. More than I would like to admit," you acknowledged, "And I don't think I'm dealing with everything healthily."

"What do you need me to do?"

You sighed and propped your head on his shoulder. "Just be there for me."

Bucky raised your intertwined hands, pressing a kiss on your knuckles, "Always."

"I don't want our bakery to be just a dream," he sounded so unsure that you raised your head to look at him. "I want to get out of this life - of the club."

"Can you even do that?" You weren't very knowledgeable about his business, but from what you've gathered getting out wasn't an option.

"I talked with Sam and Steve, and it would take a while, but it's not impossible. I'd have to put in a lot of money, and it will take time, maybe even years, but it can be done."

For the millionth time, Bucky left you speechless. You didn't want him to change his entire life because of you. You loved Bucky and you would take him just the way he was. With his good and bad, albeit there wasn't anything bad. "Do you want that?"

He looked at you in offense. To him, you sounded insane. Of course, he wanted that. All he ever wanted was a serene life, and now he could have that life with you in it, you were double guessing your worth. Maybe he didn't think this through, but there was no need to question his choice. Bucky was sure of one thing in his life. "I want you. I want you in my life and I want my ma and Bec. And I can't have the most important people in my life if I don't leave this behind. So yes, this is what I want."